• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your system has run out of application memory

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running LRC 12.0.1 on a Mac Mini running Ventura 13.0.1. The Mac Mini has 16 GB of memory. My LRC catalogue is on an external 2TB sandisk solid state drive of which 172GB is available. I repeatedly get an error message which says "Force quite applications. Your system has run out of application memory." This requires me to force quite LRC. I have been using LRC with other programmes running and the activity monitor record normal levels of usage. The same problem occurred with Monterey, which is why I upgraded to Ventura. On advice from Apple support I have rebooted in safe mode but the probem continues in safe mode. Is the problem associated with holding the LRC catalogue on the external drive, and if so, how can it be safely moved to the internal drive? There is not enough room on the internal drive for the photos folders themselves. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the message says you have run out of application memory, this has nothing to do with disk space. Memory is not disk space! So moving of catalog or photos should not have an impact.

It is possible there is a memory leak in Lightroom Classic (which is a bug). The only thing I can advise is to shut down LrC and then re-open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd verify the catalog to see if something is damaged. I have the same setup, M1 mini w/16GB RAM and Ventura, catalog on an external drive, and haven't gotten memory errors even with 400k images in the catalog and also running Photoshop.

I would make sure you have enough room on the internal drive, mine has 256GB and I have to be careful to keep plenty free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines