• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: A way to view photos that only exist mutually between collections?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom classic 11.0.1, windows 10

I am in need of a way to filter/view photos that only exist mutually between two or more collections. To better describe this idea, I will give an example

I photograph for a hockey team, and need to sort the photos into collections by game, and player number. If I wanted, for example, to view photos of player 25 on the 7th game of the season, there should be a way of selecting a collection view mode (such as 'mutual', or 'shared between'), and then selecting the individual collections.

Being able to select multiple collections already exists, but it only shows you the combined photos. There needs to be a way of changing between seeing the sum of the selected collections, and the intersection. A great spot in the GUI for this would be on the black bar above the filmstrip. To the right of the collection dropdown, there could be another dropdown to select combined viewing mode, where there would be the two methods I just discussed.

Does this seem like something people besides myself would actually use? How soon could this be implemented?

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

This feature already exists

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is already implemented! You can do that with a smart collection. Use the two collections as criteria and 'Match All'.

1 2021-11-21 15-18-25.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This feature already exists

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products