• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P:Ability to Include Professional Standard Metadata (ie Title, Caption, etc) within the Print Module

Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background.
Lightroom provides very powerful tools to manage images and their related metadata. Unfortunately, the ability to place professionally formatted metadata or text on the same page as a print is sadly lacking. However, the functionality required is substantially already working within the Lightroom Classic App, but only in the Slide Show Module.

Details.
Please add the existing Text Overlay features within the Slide Show Module to the Print Module. The functionality can be added substantially unchanged, with perhaps some relevant tweaking to respect the characteristics of a Printed Page rather than a Slide. I can think of 2 specific tweaks required.
1. Align the text with the edge of the Image rather than the edge of the screen.

2. Provide the option in the Text Overlay panel to specify a font size.

I enclose a worked example within the attached pdf / jpg.

This topic is discussed further here Including Metadata - Title and caption | Lightroom Queen Forums

I have requested this feature way back as far as Version 1.  I suspect I am using a different UserId now and cannot find my original requests.

I come across this requirement regulary and I show people how to achieve this via other non Adobe tools, as it represents a real world requirement for those who wish to print Fine Art / Portfolio style prints.  I have given up trying to use Photoshop or InDesign, as the tools available in these apps are non intuitive, out of date and seriously too technically challenging and ergomomically a disaster to coach / teach photographers how to use.

Such a pity that Lightroom provides such powerful tools to manage metadata, but fails to make it feasible to use this metadata in prints in a professional manner, with control over what metadata field to include, where to place it and what fonts to use.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Required elements of metadata should be allowed to be placed not only under / over / aside the image, but also over the image, with controllable styling (drop shadow, semi-transparent background etc). They should be allowed to be placed separately, not in singkle line separated by slash or so. E. g. I want to have title at the top of the image, left sadjusted, and caption in the bottom, right adjusted, with separately controlled fonts and colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate