• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Color Grading to Local Adjustments

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been playing with the new mask feature in Lightroom 2021. However, if you utilize the Color Grading feature for editing purposes, it seems to affect the whole image not just the masked area. Is it possible in a future update to make this feature available for use with the mask feature?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you utilize the Color Grading feature for editing purposes

The what? Please expand upon that, perhaps restate differently, and pictures would help.

Also, two areas where members have run afoul

1. Clicked on that triangle top of mask panel, changing panel such that it shows an amount slider, then clicking on sliders that are in the Basic panel, not the mask panel.

EDA629EF-6E6F-47F4-833D-3184AC160193.jpeg

2. Confusing a mask overlay with a edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is the fact when are using the mask function the only adjustments you are able to make to the selected masked areas are those which are contemplated by the Basic Panel. If you drop down to the Color Grading Panel and make adjustments, those adjustments affect the entire image not just the selected masked areas. I thought it might be useful to be able to use the Color Grading functionality to just the same masked area you had selected.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, edits are those in the mask panel. Any edits in other panels do not apply to the  mask.

For what you want, a request for change, an Idea, is required, then cross fingers Adobe accepts and apply's in future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom for years now... I regularly look at the other tools available for photo editing and only one can now compete with it (beat it?): Capture One. The Adobe team should understand their delays in relation to this software.

I would love to see the Lightroom masks improved with notably the implementation of TSL, Color Grading and Curves tools which would allow a much simpler, quicker, more precise and complete control of our images and would avoid having to go into Photoshop right away which will be used anyway to adjust the finer details...

We can also imagine a color harmonization slider with three values: Hue, Saturation and Brightness which would allow, for example, to quickly harmonize skin tones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the intensity slider for my own presets is a thing by now, there is really only one huge feature missing for me in Lightroom that affects me on an almost daily bases. On of the most frequent reasons I have to switch over to Photoshop is when I want to locally adjust an individual color. A yellow flower in a green field to use the simplest example I can come up with. If this would be too distracting in my composition and I can't or don't want to stamp it away, I'd just shift the yellow tones towards the green to blend it in better. For a felt decade I've wondered why it is not possible to use the "HSL/Color" tool set in combination with my masking tools (brush, linear and radial gradient).

In theory, the Color Range masking together with the Hue slider should do the trick but this never works for me hence I'd just export to Photoshop even though that massively interrupts my workflow. Or is there maybe another workaround to it I'm not aware of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"A yellow flower in a green field to use the simplest example I can come up with. If this would be too distracting in my composition and I can't or don't want to stamp it away, I'd just shift the yellow tones towards the green to blend it in better. ... In theory, the Color Range masking together with the Hue slider should do the trick but this never works for me"

To clarify what you're looking for (and more likely persuade Adobe), perhaps you could provide an example raw photo, the best you can do in LR using masking with local exposure, hue, and saturation, and the more pleasing results you get with PS.  Upload the raw and PSD to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar, and post the results here, and include screenshots of what your editing attempt in LR looks like.

As an experiment, I selected a sample flower pic (top middle), masked the flower, and achieved a broad range of hue and saturation:

johnrellis_0-1662492215760.png

Votes

Translate

Translate