• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: After Synchronizing a LR catalog, LR should return the user to the same Session/Catalog

Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Synchronizing a LR catalog, LR should return the user to the same Session/Catalog. Currently LR deselects the active catalog and the user must re-navigate to the working catalog.

This will speed up the workflow. I usually have dozens of sessions, each with 3-5 sub-folders, within the catalog so scrolling through them to get back to the working session is a tedious time consuming process.

Upvote if want LR to be more user friendly and faster to use.

Corporate photographer based in Calgary, Canada and Oviedo, Spain. Making portraits, architectural, industrial and advertising photography for national and global brands.
Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are asking for, but I think you confuse 'catalog' with something else. Lightroom Classic only uses one catalog at a time. It does not switch between catalogs all by itself.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's as Johan advises, and a good understanding of how the Lightroom Classic Catalog functions is critical for users. See the article at the link below. It is the beginning of a series of articles available at the Lightroom Queen forum that will provide a comprehensive understanding of the Catalog data based file.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/what-is-a-lightroom-catalog/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate