• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow custom organization of tools.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new AI filters are very useful but packing away all of the filters into another menu has increased the amount of mouse inputs needed to the workflow of anyone using filters. It feels very slow and clunky.

Please add the ability to customize which tools are visible and have a drop down on the far right to access any others. In this case there is room for 6-7 icons but Lightroom 11 only utilizes 4.

If this were implemented it would save those that use filters a ton of time, extra mouse clicks and unecessary mouse movements. I would love to have select sky, select subject, gradiant filter, and radial filter available quickly alongside crop and spot removal. All with one click and in the order that the user can choose. I would love the ability to hide red-eye correction and use that slot on a tool that I actually use.

Thank you!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the managers of the community add a downvote in these Ideas section.

In my workflow, when I get to the local adjustments, I work on all of them, I do not do them one or a couple at a time. I do nit for example, set my profile, set my WB, the white and black points, then do say a local adjustment on the sky, then continue with  a tone curve, a lens correction, then a local on the trees, then rethink by exposure, etc

No, I do all that I want on the global, Profile, WB, EXP, white/black point, clarity, curve, lens, rethink exp, maybe some vibrance. Then go into mask, one at s time create mask appropriate to part of image to alter. So to me, one mouse click has been added, no big deal.

Now, Landscape Photography here,  I have been using the new masks, as learning, and experimenting and looking at other members problems. The improvements are not slowing me down, and they have improved the process. Cannot speak for say Wedding Photogs (I get an impression they are the most pissed off group)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the bump. Another excellent part of my suggestion is that you only have to use it if you want to!

Any actually constructive feedback?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can the managers of the community add a downvote in these Ideas section."

No. Community Admins can add their own vote or remove their own vote - they cannot make any changes beyond that.

There are no plans to allow Downvote functionality at this time.  Context in the form of 'why something isn't a good idea' is perferred. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The idea of adding one or two favorite masking tools as separate icons sounds nice, but: We have no idea what Adobe is still planning. For all we know that 'free' real estate in the toolbar is already reserved for the next best thing. Just memorise the shortcut keys for the tools (and perhaps post a suggestion to add keyboard shortcuts for Select Sky and Select Subject?). 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Isnt the entire purpose of this forum to make suggestions? Maybe the space hasnt been filled because they havent decided what to do with it yet. The short cuts are even less convenient because it requires that I move my hand from the mouse to the keyboard rather than just the needed extra clicks mentioned in the original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate