• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto angle not working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Auto Angle" tool (in Crop module) most of the times does not work correctly, it misses littlebit or massively, like attached photo shows. As a drone photographer - it could be very handy tool for us. Looks like algorythm is old and not working correctly, even with easy motive pics. 

Also would be nice to use "Auto angle" in presets.

CleanShot 2021-12-15 at 10.17.57.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What AUTO angle?

explain.

What button?

show

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one and only:

CleanShot 2021-12-15 at 19.27.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work on some images, but it does for me on others. Try a few others and see if that's the same for you. I never use this, I suspect the "Auto" like anything else is hit or miss depending on the image content. But yes, on some images I get a warning: "Could not straighten automatically".

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto Straighten works by trying to find the horizon, or obvious verticals. An image like this one has a lot of dominant lines that are not the horizon and not verticals either, so it doesn't really surprise me that it fails. In my experience it works quite well for landscape images that do not have dominant lines other than the horizon.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Auto'  levelled up that line of trucks beautifully! 😉

(The trucks are stronger contrast than the horizon)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. But Photoshop and Lightroom have today AI modules like neurofilters, "select sky mask" etc. Auto align needs that AI too. Thats why i think its outdated fuction and unreliable. Aligning horizon is not creative work, its just fixing and should max be automated.

I also dream about "autodetect blurry images" function while importing, as drone night shots often are blurry because of long exposure. I usually take 5 images burst, but i have to check them one by one manually. My phone knows how to do it, hope Lightroom learns that too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make a feature request. Your post title here is “Auto angle not working”. It does work.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines