• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Auto remove birds (for timelapse photographers)

Enthusiast ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a timelapse photographer, I need this feature so much!

Birds suddendly appear in different parts of the frame & look like rubbish in the final video.

I know some tricks in AE/Pr how to remove them fast with the Lighten blend mode by duplicating the same footage and moving it 1 frame forward, but it doesn't always work perfectly. It often gives artifacts.

Being a perfectionist, I do it manually frame by frame in PS with the Spot Healing brush.

Can you imagine how time consuming it is? 300-500+ images to clean... At sunrise the birds wake up and are very active. Almost the same thing with the sunsets. That's why I need the feature like the content aware birds removal. I'm sure it would be also useful for amateurs and landscape photographers.

How should it work?

The filter should automatically detect birds and remove them like the Content aware fill. You already have the algorithm that selects the sky, just teach it to find the darkest lonely dots there and remove them. That's it.

Alternatively, it could work like this: we select several frames for clean up and the filter analyzes (compares) them. The birds are always contrasting with the sky, so it wouldn't be a problem to exactly detect them. Besides, the neighboring timelapse shots are very similar to each other, the birds move much faster than the clouds.

P.S. I can even provide a few timelapse series (hundreds of shots) to train your algorithms. 🙂

birds.jpgbirds2.jpg

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After today's Photoshop update with a new AI feature, I have a slight hope that Adobe can use its AI power to add the filter I'm asking for! Many timelapse photographers will be happy to have it 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

up! I still need this! I believe, landscape photographers will like it as well.

When you're shooting sunsets & sunrises and have hundreds of images, such autocleaner would be a huge time-saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Btw, Luminar has a similar feature, but for auto removing the power lines (wires).

Lightroom is lagging behind...

Votes

Translate

Translate