• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Create a short for 'Go to Folder in Library'. Shift Command/Control R is available.

Community Expert ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To see a file in the OS, you use Command or Control R (Show in Finder/Explorer). To see where it lives in the folders panel, you have to right click then select Go to Folder in Library'. It's probably my most used contextual command and is located beside Show in Finder. The shortcut Shift Command/Control R is available and would be a perfect match to the existing Show in Finder command. Please can this be a future JDI item?  

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.
Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use this daily, Sean. Good request!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2012/02/lr3-customizable-keyboard-shortcuts.html, and, of course, on Macintosh you can just use the Keyboard System Preference. (The user interface for the latter is antediluvian, but it works just fine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyboard Tamer doesn't work with the latest releases. The only workarounds right now are documented here: How do I change or create keyboard shortcuts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan, I'm well aware of how to set it up on Mac. I want it to be something that works for all future versions, for all users, without any effort on their part. As a teacher, having a totally customised set of shortcuts does a disservice to anyone I'm trying to help. I could list a huge amount of potentially useful shortcuts, but this one fills a very specific need, and has a similar function with a shortcut that has a modified version of that shortcut still available. I certainly would encourage users to make their own changes if they were comfortable with it, but it's not for everyone. 
Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe they haven't fixed this in 6 years! It's ridiculous.  And I'm using Tourbox now as a controller, but there is no shortcut code to bind it to!  Come on, Adobe. It's a basic function for us to expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

While waiting for Adobe to implement this, you can use the Any Shortcut plugin to assign a shortcut to Go To Folder In Library (e.g. Cmd Shift Q):

johnrellis_0-1676707954065.png

Or you can manually edit the Translated Strings file.

Votes

Translate

Translate