• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error Handling file export with invalid settings

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When entering invalid export image settings, no usefull error message is produced:

1. Settings (note the resolution which is not within the acceptable range):

WhyEconWhy_0-1652994507673.png

2. Error message:

WhyEconWhy_1-1652994556749.png

This is extremely unfortunate, as i had unintentionally changed this setting and spent hours with the support team trying to find the issue. I think it would be very easy for the dev. team to implement an error message if invalid settings are set. We were on a wild goose chase, resetting lightroom, creating new profiles, using a different windows account, until the idea struck us that maybe it was just wrong settings all allong... 

Easy fix that could save the Adobe Team huge amounts of time troubleshooting such issues!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A little testing shows that the maximum value you can enter for that field, without getting "unknown error", is 65,535 (2^16 - 1).

I'm sure that the original LR product manager would not consider this behavior as-designed (i.e. a "bug") -- it's elementary product design to check all user inputs to the extent practical.  But lately the engineering team has been taking a very cramped view of what constitutes as-designed behavior (more akin to as-coded).   So I think you're feedback could languish here in the Ideas section.

Votes

Translate

Translate