• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EXIF data

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot a Canon R5 & often do in-camera multiple exposures that get composited in-camera as a single file. I cannot distingush or seperate or find these ME files from my single shot files within Lightroom. The EXIF data is within the file & is read using Canon's Digital Photo Professional 4 application. It tells me that the file is a ME, how many exposures were used for the in-camera composite & which of the 4 composite modes was used. Why can't I see this info within Lightroom? Can that feature be added?

Vince PellegriniScreen Shot 2022-04-14 at 1.28.44 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Technically, those fields are stored in the manufacturer-specific Makernotes section of the photo's metadata (they're not industry standard).  

There was a feature request on the old Feedback forum for displaying all metadata stored in a photo. But that feature request wasn't copied here (probably because it didn't have many votes). 

But there's a further hurdle to this: In past threads, Adobe engineers have indicated that Adobe has a policy of requiring contractual permission from manufacturers to read non-industry-standard fields from photos.  It took years for Adobe to get permission from Apple simply to read capture-date time zones in videos made on iPhones.

Meanwhile, while waiting for this to be implemented, you could use the Metadata Viewer plugin to view all the metadata for a file and the Any Filter plugin to browse and filter by any metadata field, including those Canon fields:

johnrellis_0-1649966923472.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John, This looks perfect. Can't wait to try it. 
Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines