• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: File by file Keywording during import

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now the keywords only apply to the whole batch. It'd be great to have the ability to add keywords during import, like how you can keyword in the catalog, image by image.

I have a walk around camera that I only import every month or so, and so the images will end up having multiple locations/subjects, so it'd be great to be able to do some quick tagging in the import process, since I don't always have time to do it once it's sitting in the Previous Import collection before importing from another card. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be just as much work as placing the individual unique keywords in after import. That would slow down your import workflow.

During import, just apply the keywords common to the photo shoot, and metadata such as copyright, author name, etc.

Later, to select images post import and post previous import, filter off capture date, that will present you with a recent filmstrip that you can then work on as opposed to all photos.

Another way would to have a folder called "not worked on yet" (or something you like) and import the new photos to that folder. Work on them later. 

Or, create a collection, "not worked on" add them to that collection. Work on them layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have a walk around camera that I only import every month or so,

Memory cards, be they SD, CF, etc, are not to be trusted. They will fail at some point. Something will go wrong. Leaving them alone, not copying for months, is asking for it. At the very least copy them to a hard drive, and backup that copy to another hard drive, even if you do not choose to import that copy into LrC at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate