I'd love Lightroom Classic to be FULLY GPU Accelerated

3 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I've noticed a BIG performance improvement with GPU acceleration in Viewing preview and by using radial gradients in LR Classic. However, I feel like you could even go a step further by accelerating every aspect of LR Classic (Importing, Exporting, Generating 1:1 Previews, Optimizing the catalog. etc.) because the CPU is heavily used in these situations and the program could speed up dramatically if all of those would be GPU Accelerated, just like you were able to do with Premiere Pro exports.

This would be valuable for me as exporting even <100 photos takes around 3 and a half minutes and I'm sure it could be completed in mere seconds if exports relied on GPU acceleration, or if the workload was more evenly distributed (you could always make it user configurable).

Thanks for listening,

Take care,

Alessandro.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Guide ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, we've all been waiting a very long time for Adobe to implement more GPU features. The competition has had them for years and everything is remarkably faster than Classic. To make matters worse, the CPU implementation in Classic is terrible. I can't even watch a youtube video without interruption while Lr is doing anything intensive like Import, Export, Previews, etc. No other application i use pushes the CPU so hard that i'm unable to continue using my machine for the duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate