• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: In text boxes, a period should be a word break

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I edit a file name in Lightroom Classic Library view, I want to be able to double-click and drag to select one or more words to edit in the file name, without changing the file extension. This is how the Mac Finder works. In Lightroom, I have to tediously drag the cursor (in a tiny font) back and forth to select exactly the end of the last word without selecting ".tif" or ".dng" or whatever. A period should be a word break character in the text box.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Participant ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my Mac in LrC 11.3.1, the text selection works the same in Finder or in that Metadata panel text box. Double-click on the first or last part of the filename, hold Shift and drag the cursor to add "words" to your selection. In Finder, you need the Shift key too or you'll just be dragging your selected word into another part of the filename.

If you want larger text to work with, use Fn-F2 to bring up the file renaming dialog box. But you may have to change the template selection in the menu to get the result you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate