Increase font size in side panels.

0 Votes
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a vision problem.  I need to increase the text size in the panels and menus.  Changing it in the Windows 11 settings does not translate into LR.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution of the monitor? I don't believe there is a way to change the font in the menus other than what you have already tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Changing the text size is very confusing in Windows and in LR -- a bit of a mess.

1. Right-click the desktop and select Display Settings:

johnrellis_0-1651173888060.png

Make sure Display Resolution is set to the Recommend value (the native resolution of your display).  Close Settings.

2. In the Windows search box, type "make text bigger" to get to these settings:

johnrellis_1-1651174153892.png

Set the Make Text Bigger slider to 100%.  

To change the size of the menu bar at the top of LR (File, Edit, Library, Photo, etc.) select a different percentage in the Make Everything Bigger box.  Otherwise leave it at 100%.

3. To change the size of all text in LR except the menu bar, go to Preferences > Interface and change Font Size to a different size:

johnrellis_2-1651174377131.png

Beware that LR has lots of glitches when you set Windows Make Everything Bigger to other than 100% or LR Font Size to other than Automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate