• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to add videos to Slideshows

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Lightroom 3: It would be great if the LR3 Slideshow module would allow you to include videos (e.g. .avi files) with the still photos. This capability is in the create slideshow module of Photoshop Elements 9. In PSE 9, it's very simple to create an album and slideshow that include both videos and still photos. In LR3, it's also easy to import videos into a collection that includes still photos.

I would like to be able to export a slideshow, especially in high definition format, that I could use to burn BluRay discs, that would include the videos. Currently, I have to export the LR3 collection as a file, import the file into PSE 9, create the file as an album, create and organize a slideshow in PSE 9, then export the slideshow to Premiere Elements 9. Perhaps another option in LR3 would be to export the LR3 slideshow, including videos in a collection directly to Premiere Elements.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other threads about this, but this one is the most focused, even though it hasn't received much support.

We use Lightroom slideshows to deliver illustrated talks to schools. Using Lightroom gives us more flexibility to change the contents, and it handles optimising image quality effortlessly, in various locations each with its own projector.

We use a few video clips, and these have to be set going in Quicktime. It would be so much better if Lightroom woould just play them within the slideshow.

Patrick Cunningham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, I must say I really do like LR and recommend it often to others. It is the main workhorse in my RAW workflow for my business and has been so since the very first beta offering. I also believe in being honest about what it does well ... as well as express my disappointment in where LR falls short ...

While presenting a slideshow from within LR is fine ... though I find that my customers like to purchase slideshows for their own enjoyment ... I personally find the LR Slideshow Module lacking in many ways ... the exported slideshows (in any format) totally lose sharpness, definition and clarity of detail ... and in some cases, color rendition and saturation behave in unexpected and unpredictable manners ... when compared to other options.

OTOH, Aperture 3 does a by far better job and allows the inclusion of video, multiple music/narration sound files that can be adjusted independently with real timeline adjustments ... making the App Store price tag of $80 well worth the investment just for this task alone ... heck ... I have a 99 cent iOs app on my iPad that blows away the LR Slideshow module many times over ... and up to 720p that is crisp, clean and very sharp. Did you get that? ... only 99 cents!

The Slideshow module needs considerable attention before the next iteration is introduced if Adobe expects it to keep pace with other options IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments. LR3 exports picture slideshows in 1080p high definition. They display beautifully with exceptional color, clarity and detail on my Pioneer Elite big screen TV. The issue with LR3 is that it only exports pictures, not video, although videos are imported into the LR3 library.

It's not a serious issue any more for me. For video, I make Blu Ray Discs of the exported slideshows using Premiere elements to combine the picture slideshow with video, music and narration. PRE is excellent for creating the final slideshow with all of the media added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wish to have the ability to add video clips to a slideshow presentation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was quite happy to learn that lightroom 4 includes native support of videos, but why does that not include the slide show module? Would be great to include video sequences in a presentation within lightroom slide show!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE add support to play movie clips along with photos in the SlideShow module. In today's world, all cameras shoot video and stills!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe please add the ability to mix video clips with photos in the slideshow module in Lr4? I realize the main functionality is (and always should be) about processing images. However since you've included the ability to make slide shows and import / allow basic processing of video clips, can you please give us the functionality to combine the two in the proper module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... would really appreciate the integration of video clips into the Slideshow module of Lightroom. Is such functionality planned in an upcoming release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... or pay any attention whatsoever to the Slideshow module ... it hasn't really seen much attention at all since v1 of Lr .... it would be so nice to step into the 21st Century technology as far as presentation is concerned ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lightroom Team,

it seems it is not possible at the moment to use videos in a dia show.
Unfortunately this is the reason why the diashow module is not usable
for me and i still have to use another program to generate a diashow
with integrated videos (and not only a still image of a video).

Could you tell me when this issue is fixed, or is there already
a solution i didn't figure out yet?

Tanks a lot,
Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Light Room 4 I want to display pictures and play videos during a slide show in the order that they were taken. Can be made possible to play videos from the slide show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to abandon Lightroom ONLY because it doesn't support the presentation of video clips. It's sad and frustrating -- I've supported this product since version 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently update to Lightroom 4 on my MAC and like to create slideshows with videos, as I do with iPhoto. I have played around with the video editing options in Lightroom 4, which is a nice new tool.

However I struggle to integrate video-sequences into a slideshow (and auto-play the video during the presentation) -- do I miss the trick or is this basic functionality not implemented yet? I do assume that Lightroom 4 offers at least the same options as iPhoto in terms of slideshows -- or do I have to export my slideshow from Lightroom 4 into iPhoto to play the videos? That would be quite odd & awkward...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
PLEASE add the ability for slideshows in Lightroom to play videos right along with the still pictures.

I'm trying to switch from Aperture now that LR supports Retina. LR is definitely the big kid on the block with cool bells and whistles but some of the growing pains are hard.

I've been explaining documenting this saga here;

http://technologyformedia.com

I recently got through denial and shock and am now into the stage of acceptance.

Votes

Translate

Translate