• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to batch process Photo Merge (HDR and panorama)

Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that we have HDR inside Lightroom, with virtually no user input, the next step is surely a batch facility for a folder full of bracketed images.
Please!!!!

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019
With the release of Lightroom Classic 8.4 the ability to batch process HDR and Pano images is  not now available. 

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015
If you hold down the Shift key, you can start HDR merges in "headless" mode, i.e., the "HDR..." menu option will become "HDR" and then it will kick off a HDR merge without bringing up the Preview dialog. You still have to manually select which images to merge, but this is a faster way to proceed without having to thru the Merge Preview dialog. Note that if you kick off many merges, this will be very processor intensive and Lr may slow down a lot ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 218 Replies 218
218 Comments
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes we need batch HDR!! It should also stack the created dng with original photos and move it to the top of the stack!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that Lightroom needs a batch mode for HDR.

I really like the method that LR Enfuse uses - putting the bracketed exposures in a stack - as a way to execute the batch. I would simply use that, but the results from LR HDR just look better.

For a program that is all about getting through hundreds of photos quickly, I really can't figure out why this feature was ever released as a one-by-one implementation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is stunning! That's Lightroom/CR, not Photomatrix, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for LR HDR batch processing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now embark on manually merging (SHIFT+ALT+M) another 800 images after months of massive HDR photoshoots and no update. ACR/Lightroom adding such brilliant HDR has changed my photography for the better and I tried Photomatrix and agree with everyone here -- Adobe nailed it. And like others, it's costing me a huge amount of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for the batch, every other app does it. I use EnfuseGUI or manually blend in PS but love the quality and ease of LR HDR. It makes the final edits so much easier because it gets everything right for the most part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 indeed. Let us autostack by capture time, then process all (selected ) stacks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it's just me ... but the recent Camera RAW update has sped up the one-by-one merge time drastically. Anyone else experienced this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when was the Camera RAW updated.
By the way, Photomatix Pro 5 recently put a new Bata update on their web sit, It's a significant improvement.
MUST TRY, quality in Fusion Natural is much better for real estate jobs

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well put Marty, exactly the same thoughts here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! I've been saying for years --> LR needs a job queue. Not a million jobs in parallel, but 1-3 jobs in parallel in a serial queue that you can reprioritize and set a start time, max-cpu usage, PAUSE, etc.
[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicely done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be a little late to the (this) party, but I too would love to see batch HDR processing in LR so I can actually spend some time with the family rather than merging sets of 5 bracketed real estate shots one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I am batch generating 5+ HDR images at a time, lightroom and the entire PC system in general becomes sluggish and slower than a snail.

The problem is that Lightroom is trying to generate ALL the HDR images at the same time.

What I would love to see is an option to choose the amount of HDR images lightroom is generating at the same time. The rest would queue up and start once another was finished. 3 at a time would be good start.

(For those who dont know, you can use Ctrl+Shift+H to merge to HDR without that popup window.)

PS: Lightroom tends to CRASH when doing more than 7+ HDR merges. Which adds value to my idea of a queue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for LR HDR batch processing

REALLY NEED IT !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
We are missing a batch processor for generating HDR in Lightroom. Can you please add this in future update? We produce so many images daily so we can not use Lightroom until the batch function is added. This is an absolute must to have since your rival programs have it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a partial workaround to speed up your workflow, put each set of photos to be merged into a stack, and collapse the stack. Select the top photo of the stack and do Shift + Ctrl + H to start the merge with the previous settings. You can then start additional merges the same way, running at the same time. (Normally, when you apply a LR command to the top photo of a collapsed stack, it applies to just the top photo. But Photo > Photo Merge is an exception.)

This isn't as useful as what many are asking for in this thread, but it has helped many to speed their work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this works great!! I do this every day, but when I do 5+ at the same time the entire computer becomes a slug :)

Just adding a queue function would be perfect. So only 2-3 are generated at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still need a real batch function. Shift + Ctrl + H is only good enough for a few photos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, just as I wrote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more. The HDR is so good, the lack of batch is infuriating. Just responding to keep this thread busy. The more we grumble, the more noticeable we are, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HDR is so good I've been using it to reduce the number of "second-run" photos in my library (photos that might be useful later, but weren't picked and processed in the first pass). What I've been doing is selecting the three photos of the stack, pressing Shift-Ctrl-H, and then X to delete the three photos. A while later, the HDR version appears in their place, but I've already moved on to the next set.

Then I can later make another pass looking at only the HDR version, and decide whether to keep or delete. The HDR just gives me a better idea of the photos potential than looking at any of the three exposures. It also means I don't have to decide which exposure is best...which is time consuming too in LR.

But now I can only do 6-7 stacks at a time, before LR bogs down. A batch feature, or queuing them rather than trying to do all the processing at once, would be wonderful. (A batch version differs from queing in that I could just select a bunch of stacks and tell it to process them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature Request: Ability to select multiple stacks that contain bracketed images — then to batch process the stacks to create HDR images overnight. Currently — doing this by hand is time consuming and inefficient. Thank you. —Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a batch process to HDR Merge!
Pretty please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another +1 million for the batch HDR. Also +1 for comment above about people at adobe actually using their software. The LR hdr's do look great but it takes far too long!

Why are we subscribing to this software? Please fix it for us

Votes

Translate

Translate