• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to move Adjustment Brush Pins

LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One problem I have when not using a tripod is that the place where I have used an adjustment brush has moved a little bit in each successive picture. It would be nice to be able to click the pin and simply move that point of adjustment. You can do it with the graduated filter, why not the adjustment brush?

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
54 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes one really feel like part of the process. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I would love to see this feature fast-tracked. I wrote about this ability when the LR5.0 Beta was under evaluation. Those LR5.0 Beta discussion forums seem to have been deleted? I would think that they would be archived, as us beta users wrote quite a bit of feedback about LR5.0 Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1, exactly why we need this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been wanting this since lightroom 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The years go by, yet still no sign of implementation of this easily-added function.
Disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I never use the scrubby pins. Never. All they ever do is get in my way, so that I accidentally change all the settings on my brush. Yeah, that's pleasant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been wanting this for YEARS. And it seems like such a simple addition. Am I not understanding something?

I can only guess as to how many, many hours I've spent carefully redrawing The Same Damn Shape just 10-20 pixels to the left/right from the previous image.

Very aggravating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... we're up to LR 5.3... and this discussion thread has been dragging on for more than three years!

Anything new to tell us?

Because all of us are still wasting hours of our time interminably recreating simple shapes that should easily click&drag and/or cut&paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is great but I have a lot interface improvement ideas with similar benefits for the user. I'd like to be on the LR team somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really can't speak re: future Lr features, but the Camera Raw plug-in recently added the ability to move brush adjustments (click and drag). Sometimes that's an indication of things to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harhar, I love your mystical hints 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'd reeeally apperciate to get some thoughts about my ongoing feature requests 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Write them down, spread them and get heard 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some of that several months ago when LR5 was in beta (and before the spot healing brush gained the awesome new Feather adjustment):
http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And from 2011, this stuff is still relevant in my opinion:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/37612...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yessir, that last one remembers me of my HUE adjustment request.
http://gsfn.us/t/41std

I don't get why so few people are backing such a vital feature. Sometimes I feel confused about how few tools is enohgh for the people. There is so much potential. Your requests for grading features absolutely fit into my view.

Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this isn't implemented already. Seems like an obvious need. I need it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for this. It needs to be like in Camera Raw!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very helpful if an adjustment brush mask could be dragged to different location. Complex masks synced to a slightly moved frame have to be almost completely re-done-- big time waster...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need this, can it be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, hopefully in the future.  (It can currently be done in the Camera Raw plug-in.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One feature I would find helpful for Adobe Lightroom would be the ability to move edit pins (and by doing so move the whole edit). Sometimes I have items or people in multiple similar shots that I would like to apply the same edit to and if I could move the edit pins it would be a cinch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post was now started 4 years ago, so I doubt there's any urgency to get this done. But, yes, not being able to move the adjustment pin is a huge pain in the butt. It's nice to be able to zoom in and do some detailed brushing, but if you have to create a new brush every time you zoom in because your adjustment pin is now far off screen, it just plain doesn't work, because if you paint on top of what you already painted with a new brush the effect is doubled where the two brushes intersect. The only way to do it is to zoom all the way out... There are a lot of quirks with Lightroom, but no one seems to care to fix them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never understood that this feature wasn't implemented after the adjustment brush was introduced, and I've been waiting for it ever since. But what really baffles me is that features like this one (or being able to click-shift click to draw lines, or the ability to edit the mask with a brush, or add color samplers, etc. etc. etc.) are now available in Camera raw... and not in Lightroom!!! I find it an inconsistent approach to what Lightroom is supposed to be, and in fact it makes ACR and LR look much different that they really are (as if it wasn't enough with the interface differences, not to mention a whole different set of keyboard shortcuts). I don't really understand your product policy in this regard - it's as if the ACR and LR teams aren't talking to each other.

So far I've sticked to LR because I hope these inconsistencies that have grown over time will eventually be ironed up in the next major release of LR... but otherwise I'll consider abandoning LR and sticking to ACR and Bridge. It would be a tough call because some LR capabilities are very important to me, but raw developping comes first in any photographer's list, and it annoys me to think that so many great features are already there (in the ACR engine beneath LR interface), but LR engineers won't let me use them for reasons that are beyond me.

So please, introduce the ability to move adjustment brush pins, and if possible, also bring to LR the other improvements that were implemented in ACR but haven't made it into LR so far. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate