• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add ability to have borders around pictures in the Book Module

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my Photobooks, I always add a thin border around my pictures.
I'd like to have this option in the Book Module.

The same options as in the Print Module (image settings - inner stroke chosing color) would be perfect.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018
Enhancements to the book module were released in Lightroom Classic CC 7.5. Try out the new feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate
34 Comments
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even now with LR 5.5 there still isn't a stroke capacity in the Book module -- at least not that I have seen. I wish someone from Adobe would answer us with a reason why this isn't an option. Is there something about the programing that just doesn't work with Lightroom that we lay people don't understand? Bookify has it, the print module of LR has it, so I don't understand why it would be so difficult to add it to the Book module. Adobe, please give us some feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can export my photos from Lightroom into Blurb book application which DOES have the ability to add simple borders to the photos. I cannot understand why this obvious feature is not part of Lightrooom V5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2015 Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this feature. I actually can't believe this feature wasn't included from the start. Why wouldn't you want to put a border around prints in a book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I print on roll paper up to 44" wide. If you are printing a template in the Custom Package which is say 35" x35" there is no way of adding a stroke to this template. This makes it very difficult to cut the border of the template once it has been printed on the roll paper. Please add this feature to Lightroom, I can't be the only person with this problem. It would also be great to be able to add guides when creating templates in the Custom Package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this or similar request were already posted by other users, I'd like to provide my own thoughts about wishful improvements of the book module of Lightroom CC.

I like the integrated RAW-workflow for creating a
photo-book in Lightroom CC, which allows full flexibility until submission for printing when it comes to editing the images. But there is quite little flexibility, when it comes to the layout of a photo-book.
I also appreciate the fact, that one does not need to separately store any JPEGs (I always export my files on purpose with appropriate settings, but do not store them).
In general, I don't need a whole lot of gimmicks that many other, even freeware, programs offer, but options, that are provided in Ligthroom CC are a bit too restricted.

A more flexible and accurate control over position, size and aspect ratio of images is terribly missed. It would be great to either have a greater variety of templates or, even better, have the possibility to freely set the page layout (without any restrictions referring to number, size and aspect ration of images on a single or a double page). It's quite annoying, when one has carefully set the frame to an image in post processing and than find out, that this has to be compromised when it comes to implement that photo into the book (either get a smaller version in the original aspect ratio or crop the image differently).

Also the options for the position of texts are quite restricted as no additional text boxes can be applied (e.g. to apply a photo-text to a full frame image that is shown on the previous or next page). Therefore, the possibility of being able to apply as many independent text boxes on a page would be highly appreciated.

Simple functions such as providing the opportunity to apply a thin border line around an image would be nice. The border layouts provided are not more than just nice to be used for one or the other Image, but certainly not for every picture in a whole book. In my point of view, such border lines are essential when it comes to overlapping images.

When it comes to the PDF-export of a book, it would be great, if every two pages (left and right) are printed on one page in a PDF-file. I'm aware that this can be fixed within a PDF-reader/editor, but that's not very convenient (additional work, double pages are broken up and a blank page has to be added to keep the left side of the book on the left in a 2 page view in the PDF-reader). By doing so, it would also be possible to automatically add the cover pages to that PDF-file.

Finally, the possibility to apply a background picture over a double page, would be highly appreciated (it works with foreground, why not with background?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of us out here that agree with your post.  Lightroom lacks flexibility in all of the modules except Library and Development.  Book, Slide Show, and Web particularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.
We have considered your suggestions.

Thanks,
Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enhancements to the book module were released in Lightroom Classic CC 7.5. Try out the new feature!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rikk

I just started using Lightroom (and this is like version 10 or so), but this is not solved. The border applies to the frame or cell not to the photo. It doesn't make sense unless you always select the option of zoom to cell.

Agree that it is 50%, but marking it as 'implemented' is misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate