• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add ability to have borders around pictures in the Book Module

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my Photobooks, I always add a thin border around my pictures.
I'd like to have this option in the Book Module.

The same options as in the Print Module (image settings - inner stroke chosing color) would be perfect.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018
Enhancements to the book module were released in Lightroom Classic CC 7.5. Try out the new feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate
34 Comments
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would want one more related thing: to be able to add 2 borders:
1. an outer stroke, a small black line (but please give choice for colour and pixel width)
2. an inner stroke, broader and white-ish (just give the same choice for colour and pixel width).

Ideally I could have this both in Print Module/custom package
and in the new Book Module.

I would like to define this as standard/preset for any new image box I put on a template.

Use case: to have a passe-par-tout like layout, which is clean and simple.
It is especially good looking of you have a semi-transparent image as background underneath as it separates the pictures on top better than using shadows.
Of course that is subject to personal taste.
But my specification is flexible enough so everybody can use it partially or not at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest to re-name current functionality in print module / custom package:
"Photo border" does not add a line of a specified width currently, as I would expect from the term.

But it puts padding around the picture of the specified width, i.e. free outer space.
So what about calling current 'Photo border' 'Photo padding' ?

Then if you follow my version of this feature request, use the term "border" for both the inner and outer stroke.

Update this in Print Module as well as adding it to Book Module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I COMPLETELY agree with this feature request!!!! I am an Apple Aperture user and think that this is a reason to keep using Aperture. While I think LR Books is implemented very well I am really surprised this was not included.

Look at a page layout in Aperture with the borders.....it makes it look Soooooo much more professional.

PLEASE PLEASE include this in the final release!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added a +1. Such a basic feature I was surprised when I didn't find it. Same capability is in the Print module so why not?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
a great feature for the book module would be the support for colored borders around photos.
Ideally, both color and thickness of the border should be configurable.

Kind regards,
-Thom

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit disappointed the border funtion is not included in the Book module of the final release!

Please oh please add this in the next update!

Kind regards,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see a facility to add a plain coloured border around individual images in Lightroom's Book Module.

I do not like mixing different page backgrounds in one book and would like to be able to add a plain back, or other coloured, border around some images as can be done in the print module. The creative border is OK but not what I am looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My desired specification would cater for your wish,too: you would set 1 colour for either the inner or outer stroke in your desired width, and leave the second stroke at zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding borders to photos is essential for a creative book. I hope this will be added in the next release

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's go with Borders pronto! You have it elsewhere it's odd that is is not in V 4 now

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be the first option I'd add to Lightroom and books, just like in the 'Print' module.
Since it exists in the 'Print' module I think it's rather easy to implement in the 'Book' module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at just about every photobook on the market and you'll see the use of stroke borders around images to isolate them from the page. So why is Lightroom 4 incapable of adding this feature in the book-create tool, and when is it likely to be added, do we think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the stroke options for photo cells in the book module of Lightroom 4?
One would expect this to be there, as it is one of the most basic photo effects which can enhance the look tremendously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The development team are curiously silent on the subject..... when might we get some feedback, do we think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't hold your breath. They very rarely announce new features in advance, and very rarely add them in dot releases (apart from x.1) so I'd be thinking LR5 at the earliest. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's ok. I'm getting used to Adobe glitches; like the one I've had since LR3 days where Lightroom allows me to 'edit' an image in PS Elements 9, loads PSE9 and then won't actually load the picture! Priceless! Issues like these one expects from 'interfaces' with 3rd party software... I can enjoy them just by sticking to Adobe products 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the border option to Book module. It is a basic requirement, a must have option and a real BIG oversight by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, LR4.2 popped up today so I D/L and installed it. Did it fix the "No stroke Border" problem in the book module? Hands up everyone who thought it did.... ah, nobody. Dead Right. Without this feature, for me, the book module is still a chocolate fireguard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to set expectations, they can only add new features in full releases (and often sneak them into x.1 releases as long as they're in the same accounting quarter) so it's likely to be LR5 at the earliest before you get this request, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, LR5 will cost me and then there will likely be something else of importance omitted and only available in LR6 at yet further cost. Adobe are kind of assuming that I'm going to stay loyal to their software.... My last post on this subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to add borders to lightroom 4 book module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Feb 23, 2014 Feb 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there still no way to add a stroke border around a photo in Lightroom when making a Blurb book? Blurb's own program, Bookify, has such a feature and it would be sooooooooo nice to be able to do the same from within Lightroom. I'm using Lightroom 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Cewe Photobook software or Fuji create, they both allow you to make different sized stroke's around a photo, come on adobe, why is this feature not in the book module of LR, I have to design all my pages in Photoshop if I want to make a stroke around a photo and it looks so much more proffesional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with everyone here. Lightroom books must have the ability to create borders. I much prefer the Lightroom book module to iPhoto, but this one difference makes lightroom much the worse for book making.

Please include it in LR6!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omitting borders in the book module may have been a big failure in LR4 in the first place.
Not correcting it in LR5 is inexcusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate