• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Autosync/Multiple-Target indication

LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see a more striking indication when multiple photos are being targeted by develop adjustments, vs. single photo. Its just too easy to leave auto-sync on inadvertently. As it stands, one has to keep peering down at the (auto)sync button to be sure...

Also, along with this, I'd suggest handling the auto-sync button in a manner consistent with all the other buttons. i.e. button label indicates what will happen when you click it.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
30 Comments
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about an option to turn it off if the selection changes in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also like Lee Jay's cursor idea. And I am proposing two alternative ideas to make it eye-catching but not overly intrusive (hopefully):

The bright yellow sliders could also be red or any other eye-catching color. More considerations have to be made regarding non-slider adjustments like the tone curve.

The "ghost sliders" indicating the values in all other selected images are just an afterthought. May not be really useful (and perhaps degrading performance).

P.S. I second the idea to turn it off when changing the selection. Or perhaps even turn it off when leaving the development module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like your idea of a change to visual appearance of sliders (and tone curve appearance) in auto-sync mode. - and/or cursor appearance...

But I hate it when software tries to second guess me. I may want to bounce back and forth between quick dev relative adjustment and auto-sync'd absolute adjustment. Just make it clear when I'm adjusting more than one photo, and I can turn it on and off by myself just fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your point. If an auto-sync-auto-off 😉 feature is implemented, it has to be optional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just wanted to add that the library module autosync needs a more striking indication, too.

P.S. I did not see the warning dialog described by Bill Wisser above for metadata autosync (I already reset the warning dialogs). Perhaps this was removed in LR4?? Or is there some other setting for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate