• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to assign a second monitor with more than 3 monitors

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have more than 3 monitors, there is no way to assign the "second monitor" in Lightroom 3.5.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Updates to Lightroom Classic,  were released yesterday and now offer support for this request.  Please install the appropriate update and let us know how it works. You can read more about the updates here.

Thank you for your patience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
83 Comments
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that the file extension should be ".ahk" and the first part can be anything you want (i.e. LR_Window.ahk).

And of course it goes without saying, for anyone who didn't read the entire thread, you need to install "AutoHotKey" for this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 with three monitors.
[ 3 ]  [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]
monitor 3 is 1280x1024 (small and not wanted for lightroom) monitor 1 and 2 are both 1080p (big and good)
Lightroom forces my secondary monitor to be full screen on the small monitor for reasons unknown. A little googling brought me to this slough of despair thread. Seriously? The devs can't wrangle this?
Is it the case that there is no fix for this common issue affecting so many people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When being both a videographer and photographer I am using a 3 display setup on my computer. Windows 10 always assigns the best monitor to be #1, the second best as #2 and the simplest monitor as #3. This is logical since the best monitor with 10 bit display requires highest focus and computer power. 

This also makes sense when running Premiere Pro and After Effects.

When running LIghtroom on the same computer setup, I always want to the second full screen display function in LIghtroom to show up on my best 10 bit display since I am there looking at the details of the photograph in the largest possible format. Lightroom however, always assigns the second display to a monitor with monitor number larger than the main window. Therefore it is only possible to have a second display full screen to show up on monitor #2or3. This means that it will never be on the 10 bit display. 
If floating the 2nd display window it can be dragged to display #1, but when shortly selecting another application for e.g. writing notes, the second display jumps back to the default higher monitor number.

therefore, in order to use LIghtroom in combination with other adobe products on a 3 monitor display, one would like to have a function to select which monitor the second display will show up on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My case is that I cannot select which monitor is designated as 2nd monitor. I use 3 monitors. Only 2 monitors are calibrated. I have LR on one monitor and PS on 2nd calibrated monitor. I need to be able to choose which monitor LR uses as 2nd mon. And make 2nd monitor choice skicky please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting discussion here. I find it fascinating that the issue with multiple monitors for lightroom was identified many years ago - because lightroom has two main windows, really, the catalog window and a preview window, it seems mind boggling that Adobe doesn't seem to take the issue seriously. As a photographer you want to be able to use the best display for preview when selecting, and for developing etc when working on a photo. So it must be possible to easily change the monitor each window displays in, why is that still not possible. Simple configuration, or, better, a swap feature on a function key would do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to Lightroom Classic,  were released yesterday and now offer support for this request.  Please install the appropriate update and let us know how it works. You can read more about the updates here.

Thank you for your patience. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have 4 screens.  I am a pro photog and I need the real estate when I do post.   I have the very same issue and it's a valid concern for people who use multiple screens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Finally! Thank you for listening after all these years.

Choose monitor for secondary window

With this release, there is an option to select a monitor for the secondary display when multiple monitors are available. To choose a monitor for the secondary window, do the following:

1. In Lightroom Classic, choose Lightroom Classic > Preferences (macOS) or Edit > Preferences (Windows).
  2. Select the Display tab and choose a monitor for the secondary window.

Votes

Translate

Translate