Ability to browse the presets and see its effects with the up and down keys

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
43 Comments
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a possibility (keyboard shortcut) to hover the presets without selecting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Any Preset plugin (RIP) had a preview mode -- up- and down-arrow selected the next preset to preview, enter applied the currently selected preset, and escape exited preview mode without applying any preset.  Many users found this very convenient and useful, but it doesn't really fit into the LR user-interface style very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In classic you can now hover the mouse over the presets and they will preview. A step in the right direction but up and down keys would be the optimal solution so you can keep your eyes on the image. Same with profiles, you should be able to hover to see a preview then click (or hit return) to select. Maybe you can now, I don’t use profiles because I don’t know why they exist in tandem with presets. One of the areas where lightroom makes things more complicated than they need to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe how such a simple thing wasn't implemented yet. Lightroom has it as I heard, why not give it for Photoshop ACR? It'd be a much appreciated feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think at this stage of the software a way to navigate through presets with keyboard buttons (Predefined if necessary) is necessary as it is tiring to scroll and try to be accurate at the same time so you don't miss a preset.

I.E. you navigate through presets with Arrow up and Arrow Down will only preview but if you want to apply the presets you just push enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to be able to use the arrow keys on the keyboard to toggle between the Lightroom 

presets, it is very hard to use the muse to toggle between the presets. Specially if you have 

large amount of  presets. Please fix it.

Thanks

Zak

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would like to use my keyboard aarow keys to scroll threw all my presets in the develop module of  lightroom classic cc 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community. In all the years Ive been working with: Adobe Lightroom Classic, I have collected and created Many Presets for easy and quick adjustments of my photos. 

However, when I want to see a Quick Preview of how my photo would look like with certain presets, I have to actually hover over them with my MousePointer/Arrow, and then hover over each and every preset in order to see the changes.  

It would be SO much easier if I could just hover over one of the presets with my mouse, and then continue scrolling through them with my keyboard arrows. 

It would make life so much easier for those of us who like working with presets, don't you think?

I hope there are many others that would like to see this update? Please vote so we can get Adobe to fix this 🙂

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jre

can't merge ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All, I'm pretty new to Lightroom and have purchased a few preset packs. The only way I can find to see the impact of each preset is to hover over it with the mouse. There seems to be no way to use the arrow keys to simply scroll down your preset list and see how each one impacts my picture. 

I note that I can see forum posts asking about the same thing dating back many years and there seems to be no solution. Wouldn't it be easier to have inbuilt functionality where you click on the first preset in your list and then simply use the down arrow to go through them. Or even something like ctl + down arrow to reset picture and move to next preset in the list.

To me, this seems like it would save a lot of time, Maybe I am missing an easier way to do it?? I also get it that expert users probably don't scroll through 200 presets as they likely already have a good idea what they want, but for newer users this would be great.

Cheers

Mick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The theme is from 2015, and now it's 2023 and still such a wonderful feature has not been done. It would be really cool to switch presets with the keys on the keyboard without applying them to the photo.
And not only presets, but also snapshots and color profiles.

Why hasn't this been done yet in 8 years? How to speed up the process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe Community,

One feature could make a world of difference in Lightroom Classic: the ability to navigate presets with arrow keys, similar to how we scroll through fonts in Photoshop. Currently, we have to hover over each preset to preview its effect, which is not as quick or convenient as keyboard navigation could be.

Introducing arrow key navigation for presets would significantly speed up our editing process, allowing us to preview effects instantly without reaching for the mouse. This improvement would save time, reduce interruptions, and make our workflow smoother.

Let's rally for this feature to make Lightroom Classic even better. Your support can make it happen!

Thanks for considering this enhancement!

Votes

Translate

Translate