• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add an option to always export complete keyword hierarchy

Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 3.5 a change was made in the export to always strip out terms that are not checked "Include on Export". Previous to the 3.5 release this option only affected non-hierarchical keywords and when you requested to export Lightroom hierarchies they were always exported intact.Making this change makes sense since it makes the behavior with regular and hierarchical keywords consistent. However, if you do as I do and turn off "Include on Export" to create private keywords and to add organizational levels this change causes problems any time you attempt to use export to batch process images that you want to import back into your catalog. It creates a bunch of brand new duplicate keywords. It is just as bad as not having any keyword hierarchy at all. My specific problem is that this change has completely broken keyword processing when I use HDR Efex Pro. I think that in "Metdata" section of the export dialog that addition to "Write Keywords as Lightroom Hierarchy" there needs to be an new option in the export dialog something like "Always keep complete hierarchy".

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
30 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Adobe, help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe product are you using?
Which version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this topic for an extended discussion of the issue: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-export-destroys-keyword-hierarchy-w.... I don't want to merge the two topics, because merging will hide all of the useful replies in the merged topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use a large keyword controlled vocabulary that I have organized by creating top level terms that have the "Include on Export" unchecked. When exporting or publishing for external use this works as expected. These top level terms are removed from the images.

The problem occurs if I want to create and save some special derivative files and keep them in my catalog by checking the "Add to This Catalog" option in the "Export Location" and "Write Keywords as Lightroom Hierarchy" in the Metadata panel.

The result is that the derivative is created and automatically imported back into my catalog just as I intended. However, the keyword hierarchy is now completely missing and the bare keywords are added into the Keyword list as individual terms.

When the intent is to round trip the image back into the catalog the original keyword hierarchy should be kept completely intact.

This is also the case if I want to use export to create a derivative file to be processed by an external application and eventually imported back into Lightroom.

-louie

Votes

Translate

Translate