• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add keywords and other metadata in Develop module

LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this asked many times, so I just adding my voice. I am missing ability to add the keywords to photos in the Develop module. Thanks.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
24 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes: Ability to set or edit keywords tags even in development mode. (Sometimes, you crop, you mask, you reveal something and your subject changes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add Metadata tab to the Lightroom Develop Module also. This would be awesome for the photojournalist, like myself, to be able to tone photo, caption it and send it to ftp, all in one window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would also make my life easier. Sometimes with wildlife photography, the subject is small, which is especially true for birds. It is typically during development that I figure out the species. Alternately, I may notice a particular behavior during development that I want to tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially with the new face recognition feature, this would be very very helpful. Otherwise, if you want to check if all faces in a picture have been recognized, and which faces are set as keywords for that picture, you have to jump back to library module. This breaks my work flow every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I terribly miss the functionality to display keywords which have been assigned to a certain picture (for instance face recognition
keywords) directly in the development module.

Right now,
using the grid view in the library module to accept or modify recognized
faces works well (except when doing it in "all pictures" view which is
TERRIBLY slow). But - to check out if ALL faces have been found in a
certain picture you have to enlargen each single picture, or at least
click on it and check out the keyword assignment list on the right side
of the screen. This is very very time-consuming and unnerving.

When you develop your
pictures, you display them full-screen anyway, so it would be very
helpful to be able to control keyword assignments directly in the
development module. For instance, display assigned keywords in that loupe info overlay... this should be fast and easy to implement (best with a correspoing option for those who don't want this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my... my first post here was two years ago. Did someone say Adobe listen to its customers? 🙂 OK, they can't satisfy every request. But I am pleased to see this one being more popular right now. I keep my fingers crossed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tag hundreds of images per day. The evolution of the tagging process ferments during the edit. Currently we have to leave the develop module to update our thoughts and get right back in. It would be ace if we could add the keywords using the same hot keys in the develop module. Or, something amazing that you developer types can come up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Any Tag plugin lets you add keywords in any module, including Develop.  It's designed for fast entry of multi-word keywords using the keyboard rather than the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know, John. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great when you are adjusting an image, that you could bring up via a shortcut the keyword dialog box to add another keyword just to that image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really great if working on dual monitors, you could have some of the library functionality in the second monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding keywords while making adjustments would be much more intuitive than having to switch modules. +1 for this functionality!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should license Aperture from Apple and incorporate its UI principles, including the floating adjustment palette and NO MODES. Modes are stupid and pointless and poor workflow. I should be able to do any activity from one place in the program, not have to move around with a changing UI to accomplish different things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't use Apple UI Principles.  Its now form over function, kind of like their Hardware Design Principles, and getting worse with every release.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aperture beat Lightroom's UI in just about every area of usability. Lightroom is AWFUL, especially for those of us who migrated from Aperture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's put the rose-tinted spectacles away - Aperture was a fiddly mess.

Lightroom's dedicated workspaces are designed to encourage a more orderly, efficient workflow, doing metadata entry and then progressing to adjustments - not flitting back and forth between keywording and adjusting. Of course, you can ask for it to be different, but that's the underlying principle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  Aperture was a mess, which is why it went the way of the Dodo bird.

However, I would love to have both the Library AND the Develop modules open in different monitors at the same time, and be able to add Keywords at any point in my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Any Tag plugin to add keywords in Develop (or any other module). It's designed for fast entry of hierarchical keywords from a controlled vocabulary using the keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those looking to view notes and other things (since there's no way to tell if notes or other info exist from the Develop module once they are entered in the Library), you can use the View > View Options menu option to choose what you want to display, then select the 'info 1 or 2' you want using the View > Loupe Info menu option. The shortcut key is Ctrl (or CMD) + I to show/hide. You still have to go to the Library to enter notes, which is ridiculous, but at least it's something.

Having said that there should be a MetaData panel in the Develop module, and a way to determine (say, from the filmstrip) if there was a note associated with the photo. Not sure what most photographers do, but for me, I never enter notes about a photo on import...I have to see the photo and process it to make notes about it. For example: info on where I left off with processing, detailed description of where the photo was taken, detailed description of what I need to do when I return to photograph this spot, description of animal behavior during the time of the shoot, information about the location for a return visit such as operating hours or pricing, information not recorded about this photo from the camera, like what type of filter(s) I was using, etc. There's lots and lots of reasons why photographers would want to enter notes for a photo in the Develop module. Make it so!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add my voice to this and urge Adobe to either add metadata & keyword edit to dev mode or simply merge the 2 editing modes, to me keywords & meta data is editing. The workflow for many is very dysfunctional switching between 2 even using nav shortcuts is 2 keys too many, should be always the “one click” GUI design principle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having two modes is frankly just stupid and counterproductive. It forces the user to remember which functions must be done in which mode and actively prevents discoverability. Even basic things like renaming a file require either memorizing a keyboard shortcut or changing modules. Its a HUGE frustration for me that I have to switch back and forth- I only ever use Develop and Library and want to do EVERYTHING in one mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to rate multiple images via Keayboard, that I select in develop module. It seems illogical, that this behaviour works in grid, but not in any of the filmstrip modes (develop and loupe).
My workflow would be much faster this way.
At the moment I have to select multiple. Then go back to grid or switch on auto-sync, rate and then go back to develop view. That's three clicks and some thinking instead of one click and no thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk Flohr:
You merged my original question into this topic.
I believe that is not really a fitting merge, as I am not looking for complete metadata functionality in develope/loupe-view. I am not interested in keywords or the like.

What I would need already works for single images - I would only like to have a modifier key to rate multiple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you leave the Library module's Auto Sync on, it'll work the way you want. Alternatively right-click on the filmstrip thumbnails will let you assign to multiple at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate