• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add the possibility to disable full image preset preview

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest update, full image preview has been added when hovering presets.
While this is fantastic and really useful most of the time, when handling large files like stitched panoramas, my computer crawls to a stop as my 7700K is maxed out for each preset.
Could it be possible to disable that in the settings for such case ?
Thanks

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018
Lightroom Classic CC 7.4, released today, now allows you disable this feature in the Preferences.  Download it and flip the switch!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018
Thanks for the input, if there are some in this group that are hit particularly hard by the current behavior and would like to be part of a small limited-time test group to look at proposed behavior changes, send me a message with your Adobe ID to f l o h r at adobe.com. (but remove the spaces)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018
We are currently looking into options that will satisfy both users who need to preview preset application in Loupe view, and those who need to disable it. The existing feature request has been around quite a while to turn this on but it is obvious further tweaking of the implementation is needed. 

To flesh this out a bit: We have a size-able group of users who like this new behavior as well as a large group for whom this is a workflow disruption. How would you prefer to see the disabling of this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
134 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Profiles still provide a full screen preview. I don't believe they were included in the new preference option (seems pretty specific to presets only). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Personally I don’t see any advantage of disabling hover for profiles. It only makes it slower and more cumbersome to select the profile you like.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hover over Profiles has never worked correctly on my Windows 7 system. The first one or two profile previews display and then it no longer provides a preview. Running the cursor up and down the profiles eventually restores the preview, but again only for one or two profiles. Anyone else seeing this behavior? I reported this during Prerelease testing, but Adobe Engineering couldn't duplicate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the Profile browser is shown, you can press down the Option/Alt modifier key to temporarily turn off the profile preview in the loupe. This allows you to do a quick before/after comparison without moving the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right on. Thank you Simon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should been a hotfix, i should not be seeing "3 weeks ago" on a "Shouldn't be too long now:"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this should be a thing, or making the loupepreview available while holding down shift\ctrl\alt\ctrl+alt\ctrl+shift\whatever.

https://imgur.com/tb64PC8

Its nice to have on when trying to find a preset that works with the image, but after that its annoying as h*** to bring the cursor to the left screen seeing the image gets another preset slapped on unintentional... and worst part is that most of the time it doesnt go away after the corsor leaves the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite clear on whether you're aware or not, but it was released a couple of weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just downloaded the latest version released today and disabled the hover preview in preferences.  This solved the problem but the Navigator pane preview is much slower than 7.2.  VERY laggy to scroll through Presets watching the preview in the smaller Navigator window.  This is on a late 2016 15" MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7, w/Radeon Pro 455 and 16GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate