• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please support HEVC (H.265) video support for Windows

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for this video format is needed.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018
Greetings,

The Lightroom family of products was updated today and contains support for this feature for the Mac OS. Please download the new version and give it a try and let us know how it works.

Additional details can be found here; https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/whats-new.html

Windows OS received this functionality as of 9.3 - please see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2020-3.html#other-enhancements

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 135 Replies 135
135 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that when LR was changed a version or two ago to support HEIC (photos), the iOS conversion option may have stopped working for videos.  But I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again. I'm not sure that my LR (6.14) version supports HEIC. In the LR import dialog, I can see thumbnails of HEVC videos but not import them; I can't see thumbnails of recent HEIC photos—or even "preview unavailable" for those files. I have to connect to the iPhone through Preview to even know they are HEIC photos and that they exist on the phone. My previous photos that were taken in HEIC but imported into LR months ago must have gone through the automatic conversion on output process from the iPhone because they are plain jpgs in my LR catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Barry_young, we're still waiting for HEVC support. Lightroom CC (not Classic) tries to import my iPhone videos, and at first it seems ok on my Mac, but after a few minutes Lightroom re-tries to sync these HEVC videos, and re-tries, and re-tries... Really strange and annoying 😞
I hope HEVC will be supported on next version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add another vote for ALL iOS photo and video formats to be compatible with Adobe Lightroom, ASAP. Thanks, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is driving me nuts... please add support ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote from me, migrated 23k photos to lightroom CC from Apple Photos to find none of my videos have imported as they are note supported (via Lightroom CC MacOS). Evidently HEIF is supported as these imported correctly. Please support all remaining IOS formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree. This delay is ridiculous and lays bare the lie about continuing to prioritize LR Classic support. Of course, it appears from other posts that PS/LR CC also have the problem not only with my DJI drone videos but also with iPhone files.

I've used LR since the early beta version over 10 years ago and have anxiously downloaded the latest and greatest. It appears that the "greatest" is no longer so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

The Lightroom family of products was updated today and contains support for this feature for the Mac OS. Please download the new version and give it a try and let us know how it works.

Additional details can be found here; https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/whats-new.html

Windows OS received this functionality as of 9.3 - please see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2020-3.html#other-enhancements
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the Windows release be updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and there was great rejoicing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...great rejoicing from the Mac side maybe, but more gnashing of teeth from the Windows faithful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks - it is much appreciated being able to view all my videos in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to finally import some HEVC videos with this update today (on MacOS Mojave). Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately this update isn't for all h.265 files but ones created on an iphone. The h265 files created by my DJI Mavic 2 are still unsupported 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My H.265 files were created on a Samsung Galaxy S9 and they could be imported, I wonder what the difference is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will all h.265 files be supported? My DJI camera outputs h.265 files LR still can't read

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, we need h.265 support now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, anyone actually reading these posts?  Just got back from Grand Canyon with some spectacular footage shot with h.265 codec.  Went to import into LR and it wouldn't accept it as valid media.  C'mon Adobe, for the $31.86 a month that you're gouging me, Windows users shouldn't be ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - what is taking them so long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEVC 4K video shot on iPhone 8 hardly plays, then freezes up Lightroom and system requiring a hard restart! Lightroom Classic CC 8.0, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 24GB RAM), macOS 10.13.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this not have been fixed yet, i have a whole lot footage i cant import due to the lack of  h.265 support from your side, this is not some obscure codec its widely used and should be supported. Finding it hard to justify the price i pay every month

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this not have been fixed yet, i have a whole lot footage i cant import due to the lack of  h.265 support from your side, this is not some obscure codec its widely used and should be supported. Finding it hard to justify the price i pay every month

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting on the record that I just bought Lightroom 6, and I cannot import videos from my iPhone 8 (HEVC). Not acceptable. I might have to ask for a refund if this feature will not be added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the phone's Settings, Camera, Format, change the format to Compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also bear in mind that Lightroom 6 is coming up for 4 years old, its last update was more than a year ago, and it's no longer being updated. You may be better considering a Photography Plan subscription to include Lightroom Classic if you're just getting started.

Votes

Translate

Translate