• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Book Is there any way to have a new cell automatically created when a photo is dragged in?

Engaged ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to have a new cell automatically created when a photo is dragged in. Most othet 'book' programs work that way.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me (in a fashion)

1) Insert a 'New Page' gives me a page with the 'cell' template that is visible in the Page Panel. Dragging a photo to this page places the photo in a cell.

2) Insert (of have) a 'Blank Page' without a cell, then dragging a photo onto the page shows me the photo filling the page with cell handles to allow resize of the cell. But I cannot drag a second photo to the page unless the page template is changed to accommodate multiple photos, or a Right-click  [Add Cell > Photo] creates another cell.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Robert. I had that experience too. In other programs all the photos one wants on a spread can be selected and dragged in and the necessary cells are automatically created.
It seems so cumbersome in LR that I gave up and resorted to Fundy. I had liked the idea of staying in LR to make a book but it is just too labor intensive. Oh well. Hopefully in future it will be enhanced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

We have included this new feature in LR Classic 8.4 release. Please update to 8.4 and try out this new feature where dragging a photo will create a cell automatically.

Thanks
Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate