• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Development in Tethering capturing

LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As title say i would love to se any kind of devolopment in tethering capturing.I will not write what can be improved as i think from the competitors and recent market is obiusly that we need some chages in this part of program.Wish to see some changes in 2018

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
84 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for looking into it. I’m not sure which update segmented canon versus Nikon users but I just noticed that it it is available for Nikon cameras however Im Canon shooter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be interested - Use D810 with both macbook pro and windows machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bradley,

When you look at the tether bar, you can click on the Segment Name and it will open the dialog. We are looking at restoring the shortcuts in the future. Right now, they are tied to the previous tether bar (for Nikon and Other)
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, you are a saint!!!!! Thank you for your fast response! I never would have figured that out. I like to hide that bar, but Im happy its workable now.
Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a major talking / sticking point with the guys over at B&H and Adorama. They've all jumped ship to Capture One for tethering (but many still use Lightroom for organizing / editing), and between the daily classes, vlog instructional videos, and other things they shoot at a very high rate, they use tethering heavier than most professionals would, and would know the pitfalls intimately. Might be good to tap them ... guys like Daniel Norton and Seth Miranda, for feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact me, I shoot supported Nikon with windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I'm in the right place.... I would like to participate in the tether prerelease for Nikon and Mac.  I have a Nikon D800 (yes, I'm saving for a D850) and iMac running OSX 10.13.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Nikon D7200 (soon to be D500) and Windows 10 64bit! THANK YOU! Live viewing PLEASE? Focus Stacking and time lapse even better...
🙂
Paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also very interested in this tether prerelease. I shoot with Nikon (mainly D850) and run macOS 10.14.2. Thank you for working on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied directly to Rikk Flohr's post, but have not received an invitation yet(though it is the holiday season).  Has anyone been invited to the Nikon LV tethering prerelease?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also replied directly to Rikk Flohr's post and have also not received an invitation.  I assume it will be forthcoming at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting and hope we get contacted soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got several Nikon cameras to test with and would love to be part of tethering testing as that is important for a major new project of mine

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I’m willing to test, on Mac with a D500, Z6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to help with tether testing!
I have a D600 and Z7.
I use a MacBook Pro 2012 (MacBookPro9,1)
My Z7 does connect on the USB 3.0 Bus
My Z7 NEF support and camera raw support is fine.
Thanks for offering to let our studio help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested in participating in the Tether prerelease testing. Nikon D750 + Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rikk, I'd love to participate in the Tethering prerelease for Mac, but another forum suggested to reply here if we were Nikon users... I only see you mention Canon above. I shoot with a D810 and D300 and had to resort to Capture One Pro for now. Live viewing, focusing and adjusting (in particular for any overhead/c-clamp/rig mount, where you might have to stand on a stool, ladder or just be bending over stressing your lower back, even a half day shoot of overhead food photography gives me 3 days of back pain after... adjusting from my desktop/laptop or even iPad screen would be huge (and is, but with Capture One Pro... messes with my whole work flow though after years of Lightroom Catalogues). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YYYESSS! (Adobe user since 1992) Hello Rikk, I shoot with a D810 and a D300 and had to resort to Capture One Pro for Live tethered (pre)viewing, focusing and adjusting (in particular for any overhead/c-clamp/rig mount, where you might have to stand on a stool, ladder or just be bending over stressing your lower back, even a half day shoot of overhead food photography gives me 3 days of back pain after... adjusting from my desktop/laptop or even iPad screen would be huge (and is, but with Capture One Pro... messes with my whole work flow though after years of Lightroom Catalogues).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am SO with you on Live view for just those reasons. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many of the same concerns as the previous posters regarding tethered shooting with LR - although I will happily report that the program seems to be much more stable recently.  Less dropped connections.

However, I'd like to add one of my main frustrations with LR when shooting tethered while using a Nikon (I use the D850) is the INABILITY TO SHOOT DIRECTLY TO BOTH THE COMPUTER AND THE MEMORY CARD.    Sorry for yelling...but really?

In defense of Adobe LR, I did read somewhere that it is Nikon's fault that the files cannot be saved to the card when shooting tethered -  something to do with their SDK .  But, I've read that LR allows files to be saved to the card with Canon.  What's the deal?  I'm not aware of whether or not Capture One allows Nikon files to be saved to a memory card while shooting tethered.  

Also, a live view mode would be very useful when the camera's viewfinder is not easily accessed - a scenario that often happens when shooting down on objects in product/museum photography.

UPDATE, just heard from a fellow photographer friend that Capture One also has the same limitation for capturing Nikon images - can only be saved to computer but cannot be saved to camera's memory card.  However, like LR, Capture One allows Canon to be saved to card as well as computer.  Go figure!  I guess it would make sense to contact Nikon to let them know this is a frustration for some photographers who shoot tethered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

---

would be interested in helping to test tethering a Nikon Z 6 camera to lightroom classic CC. using a mid-2012 retina macbook pro & macOS high sierra (10.13.6)

thank you

---

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be more than happy to test - Nikon D750, Z7 as I am just about to buy C1 and this could save me a bit of cash 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates for Nikon tethering were part of Monday's 8.2 release. Give them a try and let us know if your Tether experience has improved!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did an extensive shoot with the final Beta release last Friday on my Nikon Z6. Shot about 1,100 exposures using wired tethering and it worked nearly flawlessly! I did have to restart tethering once or twice when I disconnected the camera do to a scene change but no failures during tethering and transferring was pretty speedy. So, yes, a big improvement. One thing that has NOT been fixed is color in the web module, it remains Un-color aware, I would like to see that fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did an extensive shoot with the 8.2 release last Friday on my Nikon Z6. Shot about 1,100 exposures using wired tethering and it worked nearly flawlessly! I did have to restart tethering once or twice when I disconnected the camera do to a scene change but no failures during tethering and transferring was pretty speedy. So, yes, a big improvement. One thing that has NOT been fixed is color in the web module, it remains Un-color aware, I would like to see that fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate