• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edit Capture Time doesn't allow for time zones serving 1.5 billion people

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select some photos in the grid and open the Edit Capture Time window. Set Type of Adjustment to Shift by set number of hours (time zone adjust) in the Edit Capture Time window.

Now, I want to shift my photo's with 4h30, (Europe vs Sri Lanka), but it is not selectable. I'm only allowed to change from -24 to +24 in discrete steps of one hour.

Can the resolution of the interval be changed to one minute using 2 combo boxes?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select your images and use the "Adjust to a specified date and time" option.  Add 4h30 to the original time and put it in the Corrected Time field.  All of the images will be changed by that same amount.

RackMultipart20190606170741q6i-cbc2e071-a9e7-41ec-9d78-d6d45ee251bb-575113421.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original product developers didn't seem to be aware there are non-hourly time zones serving over 1.5 billion people (India, Sri Lanka, Australia, Iran, etc.).  

I've changed this topic to an Idea (feature request).  It would be better if the time-zone adjust allowed for increments of 15 minutes.  Most time zones are hourly or half-hourly, but two are in 15-minute increments (Nepal, Chatham Islands).

Meanwhile, the workaround provided by Tom seems adequate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original product developers didn't seem to be aware there are non-hourly time zones serving over 1.5 billion people (India, Sri Lanka, Australia, Iran, etc.).  

I've changed this topic to an Idea (feature request).  It would be better if the time-zone adjust allowed for increments of 15 minutes.  Most time zones are hourly or half-hourly, but two are in 15-minute increments (Nepal, Chatham Islands).

Meanwhile, the workaround provided by Tom seems adequate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks Tom. I clearly didn't read the description of the first option. But the caption isn't good either... Good workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be better to have a source (camera setting) and destination (place taken) timezone. Otherwise you could make a lot of incorrect adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!  "Adjust to a specified date and time" is very misleading when you're trying to change multiple images and has been a source of confusion for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Sam,

Thanks for reporting it. I have filed an ER for this and we will investigate it further.

Thanks,
Chinoy

Votes

Translate

Translate