• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Filter/Badge based on Depth Map presence

Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There needs to be some way in Lightroom Classic to identify photos containing Depth Map information. I notice that (Non-classic) Lightroom CC has a search "facet" for Depth Map - why not Lightroom Classic?  So unless I've missed them somewhere - please consider adding:

1) Filter criteria - Depth Map:  Contains Depth Map, Does Not Contain Depth Map
2) Grid Thumbnail Badge Icon:  Photo Contains Depth Map

Thanks!

PS - I realize I could narrow things down a bit by searching for File Type = HEIC, but that still gives a superset of the desired results. Further, in the future I expect that other file formats besides HEIC could also contain depth maps. 

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Reitz we will discuss your requirement internally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a sample HEIC with a depth map to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here?  With that, I can provide a query for use with the Any Filter plugin. I've scoured online for example photos and couldn't find any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an HEIC file you can download, that should contain depth map data:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/livdcicv4y0op8l/AABRoJ796hKmyCGpnJhCwGqfa?dl=0

This was shot on an iPhone XS Max - using the camera in Lightroom for iOS, set to "Depth Capture" mode.

You can also shoot such photos using the default iPhone camera app, set to Portrait mode. However, I was unable to transfer such a photo to Dropbox successfully - it always got converted to JPEG, despite trying many different settings to preserve it as HEIC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Here's a query for the Any Filter plugin that finds all .heic photos with a depth map:

RackMultipart20190811464941ylj-9fbadda5-5a89-46c6-8da6-454ad0a1dcd6-1726720825.png

Since it's invoking the ExifTool utility behind the scenes, it can only examine about 50 HEICs / second, so nowhere near as fast as if that information were stored in the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Follow-up on this thread. LR Classic 9.0 update has now added the ability to filter based on presence of depth data. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate