• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Independent retained settings for adjustment brush, radial filter, graduated filter

Engaged ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An annoying feature that I often run into is that when using the graduated filter, for instance, the setting for the adjustment brush last used is retained, not the last adjustment for the graduated filter. Can't these settings be retained independently of each other? The last setting used for each tool should be exclusive to that tool alone. The adjustment brush shouldn't be the 'dominant' setting. Feel me?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boy do I. I've always just muttered and reset to zero, but I think a feature request to separate these siamese triplets would be excellent.

Playing devil's advocate, they are possibly assuming that you have to reset anyway, or you'd use presets, but it does feel that it's the easy "solution," rather than one that would make better sense for us during a session with photos taken under the same or very similar conditions, where we might not want to clutter our panel with presets. We just might want a bit of a head start on using the brush to lighten shadows, the gradient filter to reduce the lights, and a radial filter to add a touch of a custom vignette.  I think they're betting on our creating a lot of presets for these head starts, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is supper annoying... So annoying that it has forced me to join this form to complain!!!!!

I totally agree I spend so much time changing setting of Grad filters & Paint brush back and forth.  I generally use grad filters to darken eg. sky areas. and use paint brush to lighten areas eg. faces.

I generally use the same settings for most grad masks and brush masks but Gard mask settings are the opposite to paint brush masks so it would save so much time to have independent setting for all mask tools. 

Presets don't work as paint brush masks never line up correctly on 2 different pictures. 

Please can you separate the settings for all masks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm bumping this again...DEVS, can't you easily implement this?

Votes

Translate

Translate