• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Publish Service Unpublished Photos Indicator

LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, when using Publishing Services in Lightroom Classic, there is no way to tell which Publishing Service contains unpublished images.

For example, I have many collections within the Flickr publish service. If I want to make sure they are all up to date, I need to click on each one in the left column of the Library module and, then, look at the grid to see if there are new photos or modified photos to be published.

It would be better if Lightroom Classic could  automatically show me which collections need to be updated. This could be accomplished by the software adding some kind of indicator graphic or a color label (red, maybe) to the collections containing unpublished photos.This way I can quickly see which ones need updating.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While there's some merit in the suggestion, did you know that you can select all those collections and publish them with one click? You select them, hold down Alt/Opt and notice how the Publish button changes to Publish Selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that visually marking which collections need publishing would be useful.

Clicking Publish with many collections selected can be very slow, especially with services like Flickr and Zenfolio that try to download comments even if no photos need to be published-- that can be excruciatingly slow on large collections.

As a workaround to having this built-in, you might consider the Published Collections command of the Any Source plugin, which shows you all collections and how many photos in each that need publishing; it also lets you select which collections should be published and how many to be published concurrently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, when you select multiple collections and click Publish (without holding down Alt/Opt), LR publishes all the selected collections. 

It doesn't appear that holding down Alt/Opt does anything different (other than change the button's label to Publish Selected).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the Any Source plugin is no longer supported. There hasn't been an update since Lightroom 7.3 or so. From his bio, it appears that the author is now retired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that publishing many collections simultaneously can be very slow. In the past, it has crashed Lightroom for me. I haven't tried doing this in a long time, but I'll try it again and see what happens. {Not holding my breath}

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Any Source regularly to publish and update many dozens of collections with many thousands of photos on Flickr and Zenfolio.  I regularly publish 4 to 6 collections concurrently with those services, mainly because they are so slow and flaky, often terminating with a server-side error after ten or twenty photos.   But I've never experienced LR 7, 8, or 9 crashing.

Flickr used to be horrendous but now that they've been bought by Smugmug, it seems to be more reliable. Zenfolio has its ups and downs, and if I have a lot of photos to publish, I wait until the evening when it seems less loaded and more reliable.  Downloading comments from Flickr can take hours for a collection with a thousand photos.

(And though I'm retired from Silicon Valley, I still very much develop and maintain plugins -- not dead yet!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John. Good to know you're still in the Lightroom Plugin business. I'll check into your plugin. Retirement is the best gig I've ever had. I hope you feel the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't know if this has been requested before (maybe I searched for the wrong terms) so apologies if this a duplicate.

I have many, many, (MANY) Publish Collections that post to PhotoShelter, Flickr, my WordPress blog, Hard Disk, etc. and as I work on my photos, developing them, adding keywords, captions, etc. etc. some of the published photos obviously need to be updated.

While it is great that Lightroom tracks all changes and readily shows me "Modified photos to re-publish" in those Publish Collections, it is an absolute CHORE to go through all of them, trying to find WHICH ONE actually contains photos that need to be re-published.

My Feature Request, thus: add an indicator next to the name of a Publish Service (and the Publish Collections therein) when there are photos in it that need updating. This could be something as simple as an asterisk, like "Flickr *" when there's something in the Flickr Publish Service that needs updating. And then "Landscapes *" for the Publish Collection (Flickr album) that contains modified photos.

Thanks for considering it.

Alexander.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"it is an absolute CHORE to go through all of them, trying to find WHICH ONE actually contains photos that need to be re-published."

Agreed. While waiting for Adobe to implement, consider using the Publish Collections command of the Any Source plugin:

johnrellis_0-1649448294564.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice. Thanks John. I'll have a look at your plugin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate