• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tethered live view

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to be able to use LiveView while also tethered to Lightroom.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Greetings

As of 3/15/2021

Tethered Live View is available for specific Canon camera models

Tethered Live View is available as a Beta for specific Nikon camera models.

As of 6/7/2021 Tethered Live view is no longer beta and available for select Nikon Cameras

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 112 Replies 112
112 Comments
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several free tethering apps for Nikon cameras, just do a search. Nikon has Camera Control Pro for $60. As they are hemorrhaging cash, Nikon cannot afford to give it away. 

And never forget that Nikon keeps all their specs secret so Adobe would have to reverse engineer the software. You should be complaining to Nikon, not Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lewis, but unfortunately it will not.

In the case I'm talking about Live View as part of the tethering system in some photo editing apps, like Capture One. You need to be able to view and shoot or capture on the same app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bill,

I checked out most apps for tethering on Nikon cameras, didn't really like them at all, that's why I ended up with Capture One and now paying both plans, Adobe + Capture One...

Camera control Pro didn't check, it works on Live View? will see. Yeah, Nikon is far behind Canon in this aspect, Canon is got their own app, free, tethering with Live View... and Adobe instead of doing a version for Nikon that doesn't have any, they do for Canon... so, as usual not really focused on customer needs.

I did complain to Nikon as well, of course, and asked them for a plugin to install on Lightroom that maybe can make Live View work with Nikon, still waiting for a reply...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon published their specs, Nikon doesn't. It is Nikon that isn't customer focused, one of the reasons I quit that brand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree Nikon is not doing much at all... It's been like that for many years... but I've 25+ years always with Nikon, hard to change it all, a cost I can't afford so far 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon has an SDK freely available for software developers and it was last updated for the Z6II/Z7II on 20 Dec 2020. Adobe developers would most definitely have this SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Shooter Lightroom Plugin provides Live View for Nikon and Sony plus many other features not currently available in standard LR tethering:  https://youtu.be/bjcBVkr4GnM 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anthony, is always the same, each company puts the blame on the other... but in rare occasions they work as a team to fix or resolve customers issues, that is who actually deserves the final satisfaction.

Adobe might know what you are telling me and Nikon should facilitate an app with no cost for their customers... as Canon does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thanks.

Will check this surely.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, this was Nikon's support literal reply:

"I am sorry to say we do not produce plug-ins for external apps. Nikon has it's own tethering app which is the Camera Control Pro 2. 

So in that case, only Adobe will be able to properly inform customers when they release plug-ins for Nikon cameras on the live view feature while using the app. 

We apologise for any inconvenience, do contact us whenever you need."

So, buy the Camera Control Pro 2 or look yourself for other options.

Thanks everybody.

Cheers and Happy New Year, finally.... ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tether Live View for Nikon was released as a beta in the 10.2 version. We would love to get additional feedback from you. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate