• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Color collections and collection sets to simplify navigation & cataloging

Apr 04, 2011 Apr 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Update: Color labels for folders were added in LR 7.4 --John Ellis]

I find it difficult to navigate folders and collections in the LH panel. To some extent this is because I (unwisely) chose to use similar naming conventions.If it were possible to allow users to "Colour code" folders and collections it would make navigation much easier and also give me another way of "cataloging" photos.My suggestion would be a small colour indicator, rather like the online/offline indicator but round instead of oblong.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019
With the Lightroom Classic 8.4 release, Color Labels are now available for both folders and collections. 
Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018
The support for color labels for folders is added in the latest release of Lightroom Classic. Right click a folder and choose Add Color Label should add the relevant color label for folder. You can also filter and search based on color label. Please give it a try and let us know of your feedback.

Thanks,
Bhakti

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 200 Replies 200
200 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are all excellent suggestions on how to implement and enhance color coding of folders, collection sets and collections.  Number 1, of course, is to enable color coding of collection sets and collections - seriously missing from the overwhelming request we've all had.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right John.  I just hope they're reading these comments.  Folders for me are just a starting point.  Collections are what I really need color coded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right John.  I just hope they're reading these comments.  Folders for me are just a starting point.  Collections are what I really need color coded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jonathon pointed out...after sorting in Folders, Collections are where my time is spent, so that's where the colors are needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jonathon pointed out...after sorting in Folders, Collections are where my time is spent, so that's where the colors are needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those little color rectangles stuck off to the right side of the folder name are not what I call colored folders. Colored folders are shown below. Unfortunately, mine can only be used on the desktop and not in Lightroom or Photoshop. The following folders are enlarged, but are only  1/2" wide on my desktop.  I am not able to give you actual size on this.  My folders read exceptionally well even at a smaller size.

Notice the round color code Apple allows on their folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those little color rectangles stuck off to the right side of the folder name are not what I call colored folders. Colored folders are shown below. Unfortunately, mine can only be used on the desktop and not in Lightroom or Photoshop. The following folders are enlarged, but are only  1/2" wide on my desktop.  I am not able to give you actual size on this.  My folders read exceptionally well even at a smaller size.

Notice the round color code Apple allows on their folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I definitely think it could be improved with others' suggestions above, this works 'well enough' to be a massive benefit to me and unsubscribe from the ticket.

I'm not really a fan of collections other than for syncing with LRM as I'm forced to, I primarily just use filters within folders. In fact, if filter settings within folders remained each time I restarted, I wouldn't need to ever set up Smart Collections at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is nice that Adobe has added color labeling for folders.. now please add same functionality for collections????

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color labels for folders would be great please.  For me it would mean easy classification of edit-status on each collection - not started, in course, done etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, thanks for adding color labels to folders. In addition is it possible for you to add color labels function to collections ? This would help me a lot in my workflow.
Thank you in advance !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to believe that we're still asking for this small update after about seven years!
Every time I fill in an Adobe survey or speak to an advisor at Adobe I mention this.  Maybe one day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to believe that we're still asking for this small update after about seven years!
Every time I fill in an Adobe survey or speak to an advisor at Adobe I mention this.  Maybe one day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a plus one for collections as that is my primary image workflow with the ability to filter by colour would be even better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a plus one for collections as that is my primary image workflow with the ability to filter by colour would be even better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick - I bought this up with Julianne Kost a few years back. So I hear you on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick - I bought this up with Julianne Kost a few years back. So I hear you on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremy...Adobe may not hear us but at least we listen to each other!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremy...Adobe may not hear us but at least we listen to each other!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Lightroom Classic 8.4 release, Color Labels are now available for both folders and collections. 
Enjoy!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FANTASTIC - ONLY TOOK 8 YEARS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FANTASTIC - ONLY TOOK 8 YEARS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might have taken a while, but I'm still grateful that it has been added! Making use of it already...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might have taken a while, but I'm still grateful that it has been added! Making use of it already...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In lightroom sarebbe possibile avere la funzione tasto destro per attribuire le etichette colorate, come ad esempio avviene in MacOS? Grazie, Pasquale Proia.

https://pasqualeproia.com

Votes

Translate

Translate