• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Develop Preset syncing between desktop and mobile

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see my develop presets syncing through to Lightroom Mobile. So I can work faster with my known Lightroom presets.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018
Profile/Preset Syncing across the Lightroom CC Ecosystem was added in the 1.4 release.  Automatic syncing is not included in Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 but is now possible manually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
82 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between this and inability to apply/sync edits to multiple photos, I do not understand how the product is marketed as a “pro” app to replace the desktop LR app. Until you can use the app to be more efficient in your workflow, no one will use it. It’s really simple.. not sure what the delay or the disconnect is on these simple “core” features of Lightroom missing in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad. I’m not sure if you’ve read the previous comments or other threads on the forum but this feature is on the radar and will come eventually. It’s massively different designing for mobile devices. LR mobile is not marketed as a replacement for a desktop app, it’s marketed as a “pro mobile” app. As Victoria points out, they will get round to it. Time for us to be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Alexander, I think the “confusion” about this product is clear from your response. Lightroom CC is not the same as LR Mobile. We are talking about the All-new Lightroom CC.. “The complete photo service for editing, organizing, storing, and sharing — from anywhere” which adobe says is “The future of photography. Here today.” This Product has a lot of potential and is frustrating for professionals.

Think about it, this is a cross platform, cross device app that could really revolutionize the photographers workflow. If it was never intended to replace the Lightroom that working pros have come to love and depend on, that is frankly a mistake on Adobe’s part.

It has been a very confusing and difficult last few months in the adobe community. Think about it from this perspective, the main photo editing, storage and workflow tool used by working photographers everywhere is “rebranded” from Lightroom CC to “Lightroom Classic CC” and we are then told adobe has planned minimal changes to the program in the future andwill basically only update the develop module. They also are pushing all users to the cloud subscription which is fine, but splitting th user base into the “classic” and “CC” camps is a HUGE mistake IMO. The original LR Mobile path was really nice for causal users, but frustrating for pros, bc we see the potential and know Adobe does too, and yet they still are holding back on the key core features that pros need to make the switch.

The main gripe here is not that Adobe isn’t making progress, I think everyone understands the development is different for cloud based vs native desktop apps, but; we also understand that huge misses that were made in the initial rollout, no batch editing, no split toning in desktop but its there in mobile, the lack of preset syncing, no print module or even integration with a print service (come on this would be great), the list goes on.. I think most Pro Photographer are extremely excitied about the possiblities and would love to:
1. Take their photos from a session or job, upload them to the cloud
2. Grab a coffee and their iPad and use the device to crush the culling and quick BATCH edits anywhere.
3. Give their clients a gallery link to see/buy/download photos and prints and provide feedback
4. Make more detailed edits using photoshop integration that syncs everywhere (mobile or desktop)
5. Stop worrying about buying hard drives and rely on a fairly priced cloud service
6. Be able to print locally or order prints and books from the app itself
7. Be able to have access to their portfolio and post things to IG and maintain their social presence

That is the dream, we are not there YET

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, this thread is about presets in LR Mobile...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, what we used to call Lightroom mobile is now called Lightroom CC for mobile (or Lightroom CC for iOS/Android). So we're all kind of on the same page... ish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I see your confusion Alexander. This thread was created 4 YEARS ago, and since then.. many topics have been merged into this thread. E.g. This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Sync presets with mobile devices and other computers with Lightroom CC. The lack of traction on this topic underscores my point. How this feature and batch edits are not in the desktop LR CC client are beyond me, clearly there is interest. It’s just not a top priority for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Brad. Some of these oversights have continued for over 4 years. Core LR functions like custom Develop presets are overdue and probably should have been implemented before things like AI Auto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Brad. Some of these oversights have continued for over 4 years. Core LR functions like custom Develop presets are overdue and probably should have been implemented before things like AI Auto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As title, it should be fine to have the ability of creating subfolders in the user presets folter, and let sync them all between devices. It could be a great function, i tried but it seems not possible at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use VSCO presets as a base for editing but am finding it really hard to use the lightroom app on my iPad pro because those presets aren't available. Is this something in the works? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would also love seeing this as I have specially configured presets I love. Just having them available everywhere else would be so much simpler than any workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think the Lightroom CC iPhone App should be able to have purchased presets show up on it! I just got the Lightroom CC app because I usually am used to editing photos on my phone with other software but was just informed that all my favorite presets  won't show up on the app at all! So many people use their phones to edit photos and I think if purchased presets showed up on phones more easily, more people who are new to photo editing would want to get the app, buy a plan and buy more presets too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are 6 months later and still none. This is not how cloud services are supposed to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update was 7 months hopefully they are close. As currently to sync presets between Macs requires syncing the preset folder with say Dropbox. I believe you can sync presets with iOS which is nice so not sure why you can't yet between Macs since this has been on these threads for as long as 4 years in some cases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot sync presets with iOS. If you apply presets to a photo, you can copy and paste the settings (as you can on Mac), but you cannot apply presets. It’s pretty broken, and has been for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ETA of this feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soon. That's as close to a ETA as you'll get I'm afraid Heather.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it happening, is it really happening? Let’s go we got a grain slider, we’re getting a preset button. I actually am stoked for this. Preset syncing would be ideal and I really hope there’s a folder management system. I personally never use the default presets and I have maybe 50 custom presets on top of some others that were shared to me. It already feels a little messy especially when theres a profiles tab and presets tab. Plus we don’t need grain presets now that we have a slider. Perhaps empty out the “presets” tab and reserve it for our custom ones. Then reserve “profiles” for all the default lightroom ones. That’ll make it easy for begginers to get the hang of things rather than having it split. And it’ll give pros a fresh clean page to get excited about filling with their own presets. Being able to copy/paste edits from the library/“all photos” view would be a huge enhancement. Not sure if that belongs in a seperate post. I’m going to stop before I sound greedy. Baby steps. Thank you guys for addressing this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news... this feature was added to the entire Lightroom CC ecosystem in today's releases. Note that Lightroom Classic does NOT sync presets, but if you use Lightroom CC mobile apps, you can get your presets to the mobile apps by installing the Lightroom CC desktop app and importing your presets/profiles into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will classic and cc desktop stay in sync, or do we have to frequently copy between the two?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'll be a manual process Luke. That said, unless you update your presets on a regular basis, it's probably only a case of installing new presets into both apps at the same time when you download/create them, so hopefully that won't be too much hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Profile/Preset Syncing across the Lightroom CC Ecosystem was added in the 1.4 release.  Automatic syncing is not included in Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 but is now possible manually. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, how do we see the custom profiles in the mobile app.  I can see it is no longer displaying the error/warning about missing profile but I cannot choose one of my custom profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see 1 of my profiles but not ones using colour luts... it seems

Votes

Translate

Translate