• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: HDR/Panorama merge should automatically stack with original and move to top of the stack

Participant ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom HDR merge should automatically stack with original photos and move the HDR dng file to top of the stack.At least, this should be an option on preferences.Additionally there should be the option to automatically HDR merge multiple stacks at the same time with the same settings.This will be very useful for architectural photographers.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Additionally there should be the option to automatically HDR merge multiple stacks at the same time with the same settings."

This is a different issue -- please add your vote and opinion to this topic: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Note that you can select a stack and type Ctrl+Shift+H -- this will start a merge immediately using the previous settings, without opening the dialog. You can repeat this for successive merges without waiting for the previous ones to complete. Not as good as having a true batch facility, but faster than waiting for the dialog to open on each merge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

thank you, really useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDR/Pano within LR does not auto stack with the group it was made from (also make the new HDR/Pano file the top of stack image).

This an option for "external editing"..
So I am assuming they would give the same option for internal HDR/pano work.

However i can find no such option in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion it makes sense, to save the result of the HDR or panorama module into a stack, when the source files were also organized in a stack.
I remember that most third party export modules for HDR come with a checkbox which you can use to have the result added to an existing stack. This would be very convenient for Lightroom user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer to leave the HDR image out of the stack. Just one person's opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if you select a set of image and select Panorama / HDR to be able to check a box and have Lightroom stack the selected images together with the resultant file.

Currently you have to request the pano and then wait for it to complete before adding the result to the selection and stacking. A simple checkbox could provide an option automatically do the following:

- Stack the current selection
- Generate the panorama / HDR image
- Add the resultant image to the stack
- Make it the key frame / current image of the stack

This would then allow you to move on to other images without having to go back and find the selections once more to do the stacking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing as this has been merged, the title needs to change to include the Panorama function also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My request was to provide a checkbox to allow you to decide if you wanted it done or not. If they added my option you would still be able to decide not to include it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When merging a pano the resulting pano also share the same flags/star ratings as the compiling individual images and if stacked be added to the stack from which originated.

New panos get lost currently and have to change my filter settings each time and restack.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, it would be very helpful, if after one creates an HDR or Panorama merge, you could click the image and see what images were made to create the HDR.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature was added in today's Lightroom Classic 7.4 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to see the new feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is a trival feature that has some limited utility  The problem with autostacking is that LR does not (can not ID those images that form an HDR, Pan or focus stack).  I would like to see LR scan my images and based upon exposure data, time between images (end of the first and start of the second), similarity and differences in exposure data, to find images to form into a stack.

The  current implementation assumes that I have id images to form an HDR or pan.  creating a stack after the images have been id'd and merge is not very hard and not very useful

Votes

Translate

Translate