• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom app for tablets (iPad, iOS, Android)

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mini Lightroom iPad APP!
I would love to be able to export a database of images (iPad resolution thumbs) and while I'm on a plane edit keywords, change develop settings, and create slideshows, ect.
When I return I could sync with my main catalogue.
Tethered shooting maybe?
I would pay big money for this!
cheers,
Rick McCawley

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015
Tablet support is now implemented with version 1.1 of the App

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015
Lightroom Mobile is available for iOS and Android. More information on Lightroom mobile is available here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/lightro...

Add your votes for Windows phone here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Add your votes for keywording here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Add your votes for slideshow workflow here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Add your votes for raw/tethered shooting support here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate
84 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add that despite I was sceptical about the use of an ipad before. I did tried photosmith this summer and collected 3500 nef on it during a 3 weeks trip (therefore far from my LR3 workstation). It is indeed great to be able to start sorting the picture and keywords (as the LR keyword hierarchy is imported from LR in first sync). However, the keywording window will need to be improved for usability as this is not easier as in LR and works only one picture by one picture. However, an on-going version soon to be released is annouced. This new release should alos be even more close to what is said above as it would allow to select a set of picture in LR ti import it on the ipad to work on them (keywording, stars, etc) while on the move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to see Lightroom on Android. I have a tablet with keyboard, which would be great to use to post process while I'm travelling.
My tablet has an SD card slot, as well as a 1280x800 IPS screen, which I believe would be great for this.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Adobe Carousel. It's a 1.0 product with more functionality planned in the future.

Adobe Carousel Team Answers Your Questions

Initially it will be available for iPad and Mac OS X with Android and Windows support to follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks pretty close to what I'm looking for 🙂 Will this allow me to edit RAW files from my SLR on the tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. At the moment it's JPEG only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A version of lightroom for android tablets (for previewing and light corrections for RAW images) would be amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Photoshop.com,

I ́m a semipro photographer that travels abroad ever second half year abroad (within Sweden, at least every second month). Since I have photography as a hobby the camera goes with me on my travels. I use full frame camera system from Canon and your software, Lightroom 3 for retouch. I ́m very happy with the software that you develop and of course there are some development issues that should be taken care of. But the issue, of my point of view, main concern is that you haven ́t found a solution for my iPAD and my stationary computer.When MAC released their iPAD 2 I was very happy to use the iPAD as storage/backup during my travels. The problem is that you have not develop a sync software that you can use to transfer your pictures from the iPAD 2 to Lightroom3.

Furthermore, I would also glad to receive with the sync software and the app the ability to erase, sort and make the value (stars, colors etc.) of the specific picture. And that those things go with the picture into Lightroom 3. In this way half the job is done during the travel and the only thing you do when coming home is editing and retouching since the iPAD 2 haven ́t got the strength/capability to handle such operations.

Finally, I know that there are some third part options, but I prefer using Abode own software through the entire process, from the picture been taking through the iPAD 2 and finally sync with Lightroom 3. Moreover, you have probably got this kind of question before, however I think is important that a user on regular basis and semipro photographer pointing out some development issues in order you on Adobe to get even better.

Thanks for your cooperation in order to do things even better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have said: Carousel! As for LR, RAW integration and the rest - just you wait! You're not the first to think of this. These things take time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom needs to be ported to Android! I'm a Lightroom user from version1, and currently travel with both Android tablet and Windows laptop. I prefer the Android tablet and can do everything I need to do *except* run Lightroom. If Lightroom ran on Android, I could leave my laptop home. Yes, I know of Photoshop for Android, but it's a toy. Lightroom (or Photoshop) would be the killer app for Android tablets!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hyperbole. XP, Vista, Win7 are the same code base. Same as all the MacOS's. Symbian and Blackberry are not interesting.

What is being asked for is tablet support. Windows 7 tablets suck (from personal experience). The only tablet contenders are iOS and Android. Both iOS and Android are based on Unix derivatives, as is OSX, so it's likely that the ports can share code.

What is being asked for is not unreasonable. If they do a good, usable Android port, they have my personal permission to drop Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Not so much. The 7-year-old PC I just retired is capable of 10 times the processing performance of the original iPad, and over 3 times the performance of the iPad 2. The computer I replaced it with is capable of over 15 times the performance of my old machine."

Let's be careful of making false arguments. It's not how much faster the fastest machine is, it's a matter of whether useful work can be done with them. The PC I run Lightroom on was purchased just before the turn of the century. The laptop on which I run Lightroom when I'm traveling is from 2003 and has about the same resources as an ipad 2. Yet I do useful work in Lightroom on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely disagree. The best computer is the one you have with you. I'm more likely to have the tablet with me when I'm traveling than my laptop. I've imported and generated previews, fixed some exposure issues and published on my *phone* when I needed to and my laptop was not available. What I'm asking is to be able to use the same tools on my portable platform of choice, and let me worry about how fast or slow it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realistically, I don't see that Adobe has any choice. If they don't port pro tools to tablets, someone else will provide a tool, and if it's reasonable, those of us attracted to tablets for their portability and versatility will migrate. Adobe has a chance to get in on the ground floor, but the window of opportunity is closing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And we're headed that direction. See Adobe Carousel, and the new Adobe Touch applications including Photoshop Touch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good start. But those of us who's sessions comprise dozens of photos in a remote location, who need to quickly make global changes and publish, there's still no substitute for Lightroom. I always open Lightroom first, and for those few photos that need healing or the stamper or panorama, I'll choose the lightroom option to open in photoshop. Lightroom is still the starting point and is all I need for the majority of my photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carousel is coming to Android...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to have an iPad app for viewing photos in my Lightroom catalog over the network. It would be great if it also supported rating/flagging/categorizing, and editing, but even just the ability to view the photos remotely would be a huge benefit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carousel / Revel doesn't seem to do anything for existing LR catalogs at all. It's just a cloud-photo-management system. Are there plans to add LR catalog importing, or is that just a pipe dream?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thik Adam has got a point: I would really love a Lightroom app for tablets.

I agree, rather than having all the functionality and all the photos on the tablet I would prefer something like a server and client system. The tablet connects via wifi with my computer where Lightroom is installed and acts as a streaming server.

The big advantage would be the much more powerful computer deals with the raw files and processing as well as the much bigger storage. Plus I don't have to copy all files to the tablet.

In my opinion not all funktionalty is needed. I would mainly use it to sit on the couch revise my pictures, present them, make simple tweeks such as contrast, white balance etc or even tagging the pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My vote is for Lightroom Light. I don't expect to do any develop module work, but I would LOVE to be able to rate images from a wedding while on a flight, then sync that into my master library when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photosmith for the iPad will do just that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, Butch. That product seems to advertise the functionality I need, but I'm still unclear if it will actually fit into my workflow. Motivated to find out, though. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I agree.
What I really want is remote browsing of my lightroom catalog (wifi only is fine. I don't want to subscribe to any cloud service). I want to be able to rate, flag, manage keywords etc. Managing the catalog, as opposed to editing, is a tedious task that should not require me to sit at my color calibrated workstation. I want to be able to do it while watching TV or something. So Revel/Carousel is not really the solution for me. What I want is an IPad app that can naturally extend my Lightroom workflow for the limited set of things that make sense for mobile...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's not what you were asking for, a possible workaround is Logmein Ignition for IOS. I use the Android version to manipulate applications on my workstation while away from the house or just sitting on the couch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear hear, i'd also love a (android) app for integration with the LR library module!

Votes

Translate

Translate