• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom app for tablets (iPad, iOS, Android)

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2011 Apr 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mini Lightroom iPad APP!
I would love to be able to export a database of images (iPad resolution thumbs) and while I'm on a plane edit keywords, change develop settings, and create slideshows, ect.
When I return I could sync with my main catalogue.
Tethered shooting maybe?
I would pay big money for this!
cheers,
Rick McCawley

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015
Tablet support is now implemented with version 1.1 of the App

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015
Lightroom Mobile is available for iOS and Android. More information on Lightroom mobile is available here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/lightro...

Add your votes for Windows phone here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Add your votes for keywording here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Add your votes for slideshow workflow here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Add your votes for raw/tethered shooting support here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate
84 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really great to have an iphone app to take my lightroom imagearchive with all the keywords everywhere...
The functions for image processing of course I don't need as a mobile app.

Thanks a lot for the great program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get a barebones keywording/rating/flagging app for Windows 8? Something that I could use with a touch interface to 'triage' my photos in the field, or on the couch, which would then sync with the full desktop version of Lightroom? That way I could do some of the initial Library-Module work on a tablet, and then can do the processor-intensive work on my desktop. Not a full-featured tablet version of Lightroom (I'd still end up using my desktop and calibrated monitors for the editing) - just a basic Library Module (similar to Photosmith for the iPad) Metro App that I could use in Windows 8 that would sync back to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Native support for the HP Touchpad/WebOS as a 'frontend' for Lightroom in the field. IE, take Photosmith for the iPad and efficiently integrate it into a barebones keywording/rating/flagging Lightroom App for WebOS.
Basically, something that I can take on my Touchpad that will allow me to delete bad images, flag good ones, keyword, rate, etc while I'm in the field. Then, I can take it home, sync it to my computer and have everything converted to DNG on import to Lightroom (and maintain the original filenames).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be able to sync the device via USB, WiFi or Adobe.com and put all the computer pictures to bring them on the go. Using an USB adaptater, it would be possible to connect a camera to the device to get all of the camera's content on the phone, so, when you go home, you've just to connect your phone by USB or enable the WiFi to sync Lightroom catalogs between computer's HDD and mobile phone.
I'm sorry for my bad english, I'm french ;-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since apple don't love flash run on their device,and they hate it just because it make the device lag,so why not to make something unique for android that have not develop by apple yet?Make a lightroom app(lite version is ok)for android,and make the user easy to adjust the color w/b or the highlight etc on their android tablet,that will be just prefect for the photography to carry less weight laptop,even when they got idea for a brand new production,they could easyly make it complete.Think about it,even just an mobile phone can do that more,isn't that super?(sorry for my bad english!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An App for an ipad or an iphone. Imagine an APP for a smart phone such as "tether it". The purpose of this app is to connect to the smartphone on one end and the other to the DSLR camera, so that once the app is launced, it will detect the Camera and the smartphone app shall now act as the camera's live view /LCD. If an image is captured from the DSLR then the image shall be displayed within the smartphone APP thereby allowing the user to edit then and there itself. The advantage with this is that it allows the user to take the advantage of the LCD on the phone. As the camera LCD is not very clear to reflect the image pixels. I am a novice photographer with iphone 4, nikon d3100. Ofcourse, there can be a IEEE mini USB on one end that connects to the camera and the other end goes to the camera adapter that connects to the ipad for tethering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure this has already been discussed, but anyway, here is my take:
Make an app for iPad/iPhone with the sole purpose of showing (to a client) what is being shot (tethered). Basicly all you have to do, is look at how it has already been done by Capture One (by Phase One). I have just tried out Capture One, with the accompanying iPad app, and it works perfectly well. Only I am not at all interested in using their software, as I am totally into LR.
Worth noting regarding the app: It can allow the client to choose stars and color rating. Zooming (pinch) and pausing (to hold selected photo and not go to the newest). I should also allow for a thumbnail overview (like pressing G in LR).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Adobe Carousel Mosaic are not what is asked for here (replying to the "official answer". I for one, do not want to sign up for any additional cloud based services, and no cloud based service will be practical for my huge Lightroom library.

What is asked for, and what i personally would want is to be able to connect to Lightroom on the LAN from a tablet and do my keywording, ratings, and other non-develop type catalog maintenance while not on my workstation. It would also be useful in a corporate LAN to show work in progress to coworkers etc.

We can already do it with Photoshop due to the LAN server functionality that supports the several Adobe apps that work with Photoshop. All I would want is to do a similar solution (or set of solutions) for Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Carousel on the ipad. It's not a serious tool. It's meant to dress up photos you took with your phone. There are already free apps that do this. It's time for Adobe to get serious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carousel is a hammer when I need a screwdriver. When I'm in the field, I need a way to get content from my pro camera (*not* some funky tablet camera) to Lightroom for processing, and then publish over a hotspot or wifi connection. At the moment I have to carry a laptop to do this. I'd rather carry a tablet. Not *in addition to* the laptop, but *instead of* the laptop.

Touch interface has a lot of potential for the manipulation of photos. It takes some new paradigms and perhaps the retirement of old paradigms, but it definitely can be done. What I've seen so far are simple proofs of concept, but they are not actual products in the sense that I'd pay money for them and actually use them in the field.

I'd like to see Adobe show me that they are capable of designing to a new paradigm. Not with toys designed to dress up party photos, but the serious tools they are known for. Carousel is not that tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. Carousel (now named Revel) is so far a product that is far from useful, and there is nothing in the basic design that shows any evidence of it becoming useful in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!
LR for Android Tablets!!!!

Here's my wish list of capabilities:

• Catalog that can sync with main catalog from full LR on standard machine (Win/Mac)

• Import images from SD/CF card or even external USB HDD to internal/external HDD

• Rename images (on import or otherwise)

• Keyword, rank, color Images

• Collections - view, add, remove, export

• Compare Candidates

• Simple Slideshow for quickly pulling together a slideshow from images w/in the catalog for display on tablet or other device

• Export collections as images or catalog

With these capabilities I could maximize my time working on images during any downtime while traveling. It would also enable me to avoid dragging along a full laptop.

In my case, its not as critical to include Develop Module functionality as it is Library and Slideshow Modules.

If those were an easy "grape" to pluck, then I'd add a version of the eBook Module to enable working on that while on the go.

It seems that this would be a big win for Adobe to include LR lite for Android (and iOS as time/testing allows).

In short, I vote a big YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, next question... when will it be on the Cloud?? :o)

Cheers!
- Bonnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree! Super idea! :)

Personally I feel that the most important aspect of such an app is (some kind) of synchronization to your main catalog (I guess if Adobe re-think this they will be able to allow synchronization among multiple computers as well - both win and mac - making your Lightroom catalog available where you prefer to access/view/edit it).

I agree, that if it was possible the spend the time in an airplane adding metadata to your photos I'll probably finish key-wording all my photos one day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A has been mentioned in this discussion several times in the past year, Photosmith is an app that does a lot of what is being suggested. The app has added functionality since the older comments above, and is probably worth a look. It's only iOS at this time, but they might be working on that other platform...check their website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you plan to release versions of Photoshop or Lightroom for Tablet PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to request a port of Lightroom to ARM/Android. It seems like a good next step. Tablets are becoming powerful enough to handle an app like Lightroom and more people are switching to them for every day use. The newer generation has more RAM, portable keyboards and mice, and USB host support. They are becoming a reasonable replacement for a laptop. I can see photo editing being very useful on them. The Lightroom interface already lends itself perfectly to a touch screen and tablet use. For convenience, it couldn't be beat. I certainly would love to be able to take something like a 10" tablet or even a smaller 7" along with my DSLR rather than a full laptop. Tablets are smaller, lighter, and importantly for those of us who spend time away from regular power sources, consume less power. With an extra external battery pack (something like the Energizer Energi to Go) I can extend the life of a tablet far longer than a laptop, which would realistically allow for preview, editing, and finishing while out in the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, would LOVE to have a LR android app. I check Google Play all the time, just in case I missed an announcement. My big request for this would be to to have a few export sizing options like we can make now as well as being able to import 3rd party plugins. Pleasssssse, Adobe!?!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have installed Windows 8 pro on a MSI Windpad 110W (built for Windows 7) and then I have installed Lightroom 4.2 (and also Photoshop).
I very like it ! And I have now my tablet with me everywhere !
I have made a post on my blog explaining my experience : http://parlamer.fr/lightroom-on-a-tab...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be really interesting to be able to use Lightroom on Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc.) with these possibilities :

- Import photos with an external card reader dock ( like this one : http://bit.ly/HDkd2d )
- Apply keywords, colors or notes
- Retouch photos
- Export photos to an album on the device, Facebook, Twetter, Flickr e.g.
- Export photos on a computer connected with Wi-Fi or Blutooth e.g.
- Synchronise this catalog with a catalog on an other device or computer

I know that Reveal is on mobile devices but it's not like Lightroom..

It represent a lot of work but I think there's a few people that might be interested in the idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the main point though is that (a0 my Lightroom catalog is huge and I don't want it on a mobile device, and (b) my use cases are all on a LAN, so i see no point in using some paid on-line "mirror" of my catalog. I just want to access my running Lightroom remotely and do reasonably common tasks: keyworking, starring, showing results - mostly Library module stuff.

Most of the comments here are now talking about getting some form of Lightroom on a tablet. I thinlk the original point was more about remote access. There are now really something like four independent topics in the thread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP makes it pretty clear he wants and iPad app.

I can see three kinds of topics:
- just library functions
- library and develop
- tethering and live view.

Some want it all. And even though, yes, these a 3 different topic, I would not call them independent or unrelated. They are all a part of (almost - not everyone shoots in a studio) every photographer's workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't wait for a Lightroom iOS app that allows:

- importing pictures using the camera connection kit
- rate, add metadata, delete pictures
- a develop mode that matches the desktop version as closely as possible
- transfer pictures from iPad to desktop Lightroom with any corrections or metadata intact.

Tethering and live view are definitely not a priority but are nice to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A develop module would require lots of power - something that tablets will eventually have. In the meantime a Library module oriented LR that works seamlessly with the desktop version could be interesting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Disclaimer - I'm associated with the app)

PhotoCat Viewer is an iPad app that lets you copy Lightroom catalogues (previews and metadata only) to your iPad (or iPhone) and view them. It doesn't allow any keywording or image setting changes, but it's fairly inexpensive. Search for "PhotoCat Viewer" or "House of Bits" in the App store.

PhotoCat Viewer is not associated with Adobe Systems in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile: It is here.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate