• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to sync video from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom for mobile

LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be a really cool feature to be able to sync video films from Desktop Lightroom to Mobile Lightroom rather than just the other way round. We use Lightroom Mobile to present image media to clients but have to switch from Mobile Lightroom to another programme when we move the presentation from 'stills' to the 'motion'.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
37 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also find the lack of video support frustrating.  I take photos and video with my SLR.  I use lightroom cc desktop on my mac.  Things I want to share are synced to lightroom CC mobile and I can allow others to view / download pictures they like.  This is great.  Unfortunately video doesn't sync at all -- I have to add manually to the library BUT even so, others cannot download video from a mobile device.  I often share libraries with others and would love it if video was better supported.  PLEASE add this functionality.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now this:
I’ve imported my files on mobile, Raws and rush. As LR can’t color grade videos, I’ve done it on my computer and imported it back in LR Classic, where I keep all my media.
Now I want to share the results with my clients and cannot share the video. Great!

Adobe is really treating it’s clients as shit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to switch to Lightroom and this limitation stopped me. I import photos and videos via Lightroom Classic (because Lightroom CC is too crippled), sync the import to the Creative Cloud, and photos sync but videos do not. If I import with Lightroom CC in the first place, videos sync too. This is simply ridiculous. Please fix it! Not migrating to Lightroom until it's addressed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, this should now be labeled as a bug.
Syncing means data goes both ways. Right now this is not the case: you can sync videos from mobile to your desktop but not from desktop to mobile.
... but as always, bugs are never acknowledged as bugs but “by design”, because “we’re using it wrong”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has got a little confused over the years, as the naming has changed and Classic vs. Cloudy have diverged.

I have updated the thread title to specify uploading from Lightroom Classic, as Lightroom Desktop (the cloudy client) can already upload videos.

However, to set expectations, Adobe has publicly stated that Lightroom Classic is focusing on desktop-based workflows while the Lightroom cloudy ecosystem is focusing on cloud sync workflows. They haven't removed existing sync functionality from Classic but they're not planning to add to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to say Adobe seems to increasingly not listen to what it's customers are asking for and please pass onto the relevant managers that my colleagues are increasingly more and more on the hunt for alternative software. That software is starting to come to market. We all feel that you just want to take the money. I've never been a Premiere fan but I look at what Blackmagic is doing with Davinci Resolve and I listen to friends who work with Premiere (and all it's bugs that you never seem to solve) and they are starting to shift to Resolve.

Can't believe it's taken 2 years 7 months for anyone from Adobe to involve themselves.

Please close this thread now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see when you originally posted, but Adobe announced their planned direction in October 2017, so it's been a while. 

Adobe Staff do read all of the threads, so they will see your comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know the story Victoria. But it’s not because marketing calls it “a decision” users cannot define it as bug.

It’s about time Adobe stops finding excuses and asks itself the question: is this a normal behavior? Is this a wanted behavior? Is this adequate to a smooth workflow? I doubt they’ll be happy with the answer.

Lr “cloud” does not meet the requirements and Classic is buggy. That’s the reality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to Antoine comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well mine aren't showing up. They are in LR Classic, they are in the shared collection in LR classic, but they aren't uploaded to LR web or LR mobile. If I upload them manually, LR classic redownloads and duplicates them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just come across this issue, having signed up for the double LrC and 1TB Lr cloud experience, which is now a significant cost to me, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Victoria B: keep plugging away with this if you have any influence - I accept this is as was desicribed originally, just because of the Adobe history doesn't mean the shouldn't continue to make the two halves work better together. I'm paying for both, because I need the modern Lr stuff, but I think won't ever want to give up LrC

Here is feedback I just left with Adobe on LrC.

LrC does core job well, is expensive to use with cloud features in practice, and still some limitations to the cloud integration.

LrC does the the core jobs listed very well, but does not work so well with mobile use and distributed setup. So I have now subscribed to the full LrC and Lr 1Tb subscription which is much better, but costly and some important limitations for my new workflow.

There is an illogical restriction which prevents videos in LrC syncing to Lr cloud. Given I am paying twice over for LrC and Lr and have a lot of cloud storage space, I want to be able to sync videos to cloud when I import videos to LrC first and then want to publish to cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It makes no sense that videos can only "sync" in one direction. If it'll never be bidirectional, then don't call it sync. 

@Adobe:

AdobeSync.png

😆

Votes

Translate

Translate