• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Option to change the actual color of the adjustment brush pins.

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the adjustment brush a fair bit....... I know we can change the colour of the adjustment brush area applied - but depending on the images sometimes it's hard to see those grey pins - particularly against b&w images and if you've got a lot of adjustments applied - sometimes you spend ages trying to find where I placed the actual pin.

If we had the option to change them to a bright... red, pink, yellow etc - that would be really helpful.

I can't be the only one..... who sometimes wonders where they've put there pin?

Thanks

P.s Also when I'm syncing or using the previous button occasionally I miss the odd pin in a random place, I forget to delete it...... and then realise I've been applying it to the last odd 30 photos or so!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely agree, it's sometimes really too easy to overlook a pin (or two!) and then have to go back and re-edit after I've realised that something looks a bit off.  

Even when you know where it should be it's not always obvious so yes please.

-Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to see adjustment pins have ability to add color other than the drab grey now being the default. This would allow us to quickly see where are adjustments were made after time has past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am sometimes having a hard time to identify the gray control points for gradient and radial filters  in develop mode. here my feature request - can we get a way to edit the custom color for these control points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is often difficult to find the pin of radial filters, degraded or brush, would it be possible to add a function to change the color instead of the gray often confused with the image?

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 years the proposal was made ... At Adobe do you ever work with your tools?
So please in the next version of Lightroom Classic, it becomes ubiquitous this kind of essential improvements.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's obvious to me that the employees coding LR are not photographers, they're simply programmers. What Adobe needs to do is to at least consult with real photographers that use LR for their post production work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worse still if you work in monochrome! It would also be nice to display a count of pins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow to vary the color and size of the pins of filters and brushes in Lightroo Classic and LR CC. This is urgeant because screens have more high resolution and these brands become invisible. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, especially with B&W images; edit pins are sometimes very difficult to find. 

I agree that being able to change the color of the pins would help. Another possible solution:

Provide a keyboard command that will select or highlight edit pins and cycle through all the existing pins within any given tool. In other words, I activate the adjustment brush tool, then use this new command to select the first pin even if I can't see it, hit the command again and it cycles to the next pin, etc. With a pin selected, I could use the mask overlay visibility feature to easily spot the location of the pin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround is to change basic exposure, image goes dark but pins don’t.
Would love a pin count!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for this.  Great tip!

Votes

Translate