Please add layflat paper offered by Blurb in LR module. Thanks

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018
Lightroom 7.5 was released today with Book Module enhancements including the new Blurb Lay-Flat design option. Give it a spin!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
110 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you try and what specific issue did you encounter? Was it the PDF-To-Book alternate upload procedure I described above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI. If you go to adoramapix.com and look at their superb book creation tool, you'll never "fight" with the book module of Lightroom. This is a professional lab with 10 times as many options as the LR book module and the pricing is competitive with blurb. Their quality is excellent and their customer service is great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree however, it's so convenient that it's all integrated into LR. I specifically like that I can duck into the Develop module as part of the Book workflow. This is the one huge advantage of the LR Book module that keeps me there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the PDF-to-Book upload, but I've worked it out. You have to select the "hardcover imagewrap". Layflat doesn't work with the dust jacket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, so you were able to upload the LR Pages and Cover PDFs. Make sure to check the cover preview on Blurb's website. You may need to adjust the cover layout in the LR Book module to compensate for the thicker binding. If necessary you'll then need to upload the revised cover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to order my books at Blurb out of LR Classic with the LayFlat-Paper-Option. Could you please insert this option in LR Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! The ability to jump to Develop and tweak photos after they have been laid out in the Book module is a huge advantage. Want to see the LayFlat option added to the Book module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add support for Blurb LayFlat paper in the Lightroom book module. The ability to jump to develop from the Lightroom Book module is a huge advantage over other book creation tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade book module

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too noticed Blurb had added lay flat pages to their own book compilations. This really should be an inclusion in LightRoom given the ability to include full page spreads in books!
I contacted Blurb who, as already outlined above, told me I need to request this here as this is not something they can control themselves. That's a pity, if it was I think we would have seen it already!
PLEASE ADD LAYFLAT PAGES OPTION to the book module.
Thank you
CGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has not kept up with the times with respect to the Book Module. Adobe seems to have added it and then forgot about it while Blurb has continued to enhance its offerings. One such feature is support for LayFlat photo books. Please Adobe, consider adding support for this capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has not kept up with the times with respect to the Book Module. Adobe seems to have added it and then forgot about it while Blurb has continued to enhance its offerings. One such feature is support for LayFlat photo books. Please Adobe, consider adding support for this capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one with same request 🙂
Add Lay flat paper option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, Nejc. Don't forget to click the "Vote" box at the top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add my voice to those desiring a layflat paper option with Blurb in the LR Classic Book Module

Mel Hughes

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many requests but it seems Adobe doesn't care much about the desires of his clients! Customer satisfaction is not the strength of this company...sad 😞
robert 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, Mel. Don't forget to click the "Vote" box at the top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just voted !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to see the Blurb layflat option in Lightroom Classic CC.  For a simple photo book exporting the photos and doing the layout in InDesign, which does support layflat, is a lot of extra work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, Andrew. Don't forget to click the "Vote" box at the top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, Robert. Feature requests are prioritized by votes. If your favorite feature doesn't show up in a current release it doesn't mean that Adobe doesn't care. It just means that there are other features in the pipe. 

Not to worry though, the popular ones make it into the program eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do we have any idea from Adobe when the layflat option will be added to the Blurb plug in?  I have just created a wedding album only to find that I could not select the best option to present the album to the couple.  Therefore the final result was not as good as I had hoped and of course it has the designed in Lightroom caveat printed in the book, not good. I have voted but I note that there are only 46 votes so I guess Adobe are not going to take any action in the near future. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't typically respond to "When" questions other than to say "soon" or nothing. If you have a time-sensitive job to get to a client, I would recommend your not waiting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the integrated Book module in LR extremely useful, as it permits full end-to-end integration of photographic book projects.
With that in mind, I would be very keen for Adobe to maintain the module with new print offerings such as the Blurb "lay flat" pagination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, Charles. Don't forget to click the "Vote" box at the top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate