• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please let us make "destructive" changes to our images

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a library of 7K+ images across 220 directories/folders. When I make changes to an image I want the option to write those to the original file, not just to the catalog/database. There are many reasons for this need but for some reason Lightroom seems to be uniquely defiant and righteous on this topic. Please don't be condescending and tell me to use the Export option because it's just to cumbersome, especially when working on large numbers of files. I just want Ctrl-S to write all changes to the file I'm working on, not a copy.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
55 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving JPEG I'd like to see a dialog that estimates the percentage of loss for each overwrite. Something like "Warning: overwriting this JPEG will result in a 20% loss of quality, reducing the file size from 3.1MB to 2.5". We all know that JPEG is lossy but having the amount quantified will help us understand the significance. Especially if we feel we need to save periodically to avoid losing work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you do get a "quality" level for savings. But a reduction in quality occurs even if the file size remains the same. this has to do with the quantization errors used in the jpeg compression.  You can get reduce quality with same file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I get back from an outing and put a new collection of images on my computer and go through and make various edits, working on multiple images at the same time. Is there an easy way to know which images were edited so that I can export them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the images in Library module's  Grid View. At the bottom of the grid should be a toolbar. If it isn't there press [ T ] to reveal it.  Set the Sort Order to Edit Count or Edit Time - whichever is appropriate.  That will group all your edited images into a bundle. 

You can also use a Smart Collection to find Develop>Has Adjustments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Would be nice to have 'Has Adjustments' as a Filter option, but the Smart Collection method works just fine. The sorting order solution should suffice also.

Votes

Translate

Translate