• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for Surface Dial Please

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a Surface Studio when they were released in hopes that I would be able to edit directly on the screen with the use of the Surface Dial complimenting the Surface Pen, but I was sad to find out that there was no Adobe support for the Surface Dial, especially in Lightroom.  Can someone please tell me when Adobe will enable functionality for the Surface Dial in Lightroom and Photoshop.  It seems like a perfect use for the Dial to use it with the pen and edit right on the screen of the Surface Studio. 🙂

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really hoping for an update here. 

Even small thing like being able to use the dial to adjust sliders would be a really great thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have made the dial available for all users of Windows 10. I just picked one up for my laptop. I see great potential for integrating sliders and adjustments with the dial. Right now the tool doesn't do anything meaningful in Lightroom. At one point I got it to scroll through my images (which I can already do with the mouse wheel), but now that doesn't even work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u can add custom tools to the dial in settings/devices/dial. and set what app they are used for. im currently working on my own custom tool settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a surface Dial and tryed custom commands for sliders but lightroom does not respond to it. Try the same custom command in Chrome and it types the + and - signs. So I now have a $99 silver knop that I can't use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think most of us were able to program the dial to work with basic functionality. Did you get your dial to work? When you choose Settings > Wheel Settings > Add an App, choose Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.  

I added these tool settings that seem to work pretty well for me. With my settings I can make selections/pick photos, change slider values, brush size, and change modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set up a profile like that without brush size and none of them works. it's starting to make me angry now as I have tried everything I can think of, reinstalling Lightroom, resyncing dial, reinstalling the driver, reboot, reinstall last windows update. still no joy

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in Lightroom Classic, press and hold the dial, then turn to choose the profile you wish to use. At that point the dial should send your chosen keystrokes to Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me. Thank you gadgetgeek2000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Lightroom app is blurred on my app selection so I can't do that 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate