• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Synchronize Presets and Settings using Creative Cloud

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Creative Cloud subscriber and often switch between my workstation and my laptop. It would be great if the settings and presets managed in Adobe Lightroom would be automatically synchronized between all devices connected to the same Creative Cloud account.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, it would be great if this worked the same way presets, brushes, etc. can be synced between Photoshop on multiple devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally! Really surprised Adobe hasn't done this already like it has with the other major applications. Trying to backup and sync all my preferences, settings, presets, catalogs across multiple PCs is a right pain. I'm having to use SyncBack to copy settings to OneDrive and then do the reverse on my laptop to get it to work. Pretty convoluted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with most software Adobe, I wish I could sync my main parameter developement brush ..... in the creative cloud so you can recover them easily on another workstation, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autosave the Presets, Profiles, etc in the personal cloud account, the same for photoshop actions, etc.

Cause from time to time it could happen that you crash your computer and they all gone as I know....

If once the personal created tools, presets, action are saved in the cloud there would also be a possibility to import them in Lightroom mobile maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm working in the field on a laptop, I'd like to be able to use the same keywords, tags and other metadata that my 'main' catalog has.

If I can sync this information then when I re-combine the laptop's catalog with the main one, I don't have to go through tagging & keyword cleanup.

Eiher sync settings through Adobe ID / Creative Cloud, or allow a simple 'export settings' and 'import settings' option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is SO LONG overdue, especially since workspace settings, presets, development shortcuts, watermarks, camera raw profiles (x-rite camera/ACR profiles) etc are LESS straight-forward to find than say "photos" which Adobe has focused on.

Of course, photos take more space, so by focusing on uploading and syncing photos, that gives them the ability to charge for storage space...

Where as the ability/option to name workspace and sync among multiple computers would only be a great feature enhancement but would not bring them a new revenue stream, which is all they care about, NOT providing us with the best program possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know insulting someone ("greedy bastards!") isn't usually the best way to get them to do what you want. Try honey instead of vinegar?

("which is all they care about, NOT providing us with the best program possible")

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't know if the developers in Adobe reads it but I would like to request a way to sync Photoshop and Lightroom in both, my laptop and my desktop. The way it is now if I install something in one I have to remember to install in the other as well. I wish it was authomactical. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For people who use X-rite color checkers for different light situations, managing a large library is hard enough. Unlike Capture one, LrC doesn't save the profiles near the asset folder or in the xmp file. People who use custom profile may search where the folder is every time they need to do a big profile migration.

Suggestion: in folder, each raw file's sidecar XMP file links to a unique identifier for the dcp profile. The dcp profile could be uploaded to Adobe Cloud to be synced. Then re-downloaded and synced if needed. They should be able to be linked with the corresponding Raw file again.

Also, there is import profile function in the FILE menu. But there is no export button for it. It takes some tinkering to know the right place to find the profiles. I don't go to that folder often, so I forget about the path everytime i need to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several licenses for the photography suite that are used here in my office and at home, and on a total of six different computers.  One of the most powerful uses for "cloud" computing in my daily life is the way Apple's iCloud will sync things across my devices that I want to universally use, like passwords, etc. 

Its a major headache every time I get a new computer to set up everything exactly the same way as my previous computer/other computers, and if you search online this is a really common problem.  Adobe has made *some* of it easy with the ability to import presets and develop profiles, but you still have to dig around and find them, and other things there's no easy way to do so, such as export presets and watermarks.

This is an ideal use of the cloud for Adobe--just let me keep those things in your cloud and sync them from there.  Massive time savings, easy for people that use more than one computer, etc.  These are all generally tiny files in the grand scheme of things, so it could all fit into the basic free storage.  

I'd suggest the following items could be synced: Camera Profiles, Develop Presets, Watermarks and Signatures, Export Presets and I'm probably missing a few.  A simple tab in the preferences would let you decide which if any to sync.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Profiles, Develop Presets, Watermarks and Signatures, Export Presets and I'm probably missing a few. 

And Preferences, Plug-ins, Copyrights, Metadata Presets, File name Presets, Templates, etc

All those are kept in specific folders, and can be copied and pasted.

Incidentally, those are items not backed up via the LrC backup option. And you may want to look at the following (some paths included in the following):

https://fstoppers.com/business/youre-probably-not-backing-all-your-lightroom-classic-data-526597

and

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/backup-lightroom-files/#presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course they are, but that's not the point.  They are a PITA to track down across multiple folders and copy when they could very easily be something that's synced.  In addition, at least on the MacOS side, some are kept in hidden folders, adding to the complexity.  

The article you shared reinforces this point about how buried many of these things are and how they can be missed even in backups--and yet for many people they are critical items.  

Votes

Translate

Translate