Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom: Synchronize Presets and Settings using Creative Cloud

26 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Creative Cloud subscriber and often switch between my workstation and my laptop. It would be great if the settings and presets managed in Adobe Lightroom would be automatically synchronized between all devices connected to the same Creative Cloud account.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Desktop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, it would be great if this worked the same way presets, brushes, etc. can be synced between Photoshop on multiple devices.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally! Really surprised Adobe hasn't done this already like it has with the other major applications. Trying to backup and sync all my preferences, settings, presets, catalogs across multiple PCs is a right pain. I'm having to use SyncBack to copy settings to OneDrive and then do the reverse on my laptop to get it to work. Pretty convoluted!

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with most software Adobe, I wish I could sync my main parameter developement brush ..... in the creative cloud so you can recover them easily on another workstation, for example.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autosave the Presets, Profiles, etc in the personal cloud account, the same for photoshop actions, etc.

Cause from time to time it could happen that you crash your computer and they all gone as I know....

If once the personal created tools, presets, action are saved in the cloud there would also be a possibility to import them in Lightroom mobile maybe.

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm working in the field on a laptop, I'd like to be able to use the same keywords, tags and other metadata that my 'main' catalog has.

If I can sync this information then when I re-combine the laptop's catalog with the main one, I don't have to go through tagging & keyword cleanup.

Eiher sync settings through Adobe ID / Creative Cloud, or allow a simple 'export settings' and 'import settings' option.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is SO LONG overdue, especially since workspace settings, presets, development shortcuts, watermarks, camera raw profiles (x-rite camera/ACR profiles) etc are LESS straight-forward to find than say "photos" which Adobe has focused on.

Of course, photos take more space, so by focusing on uploading and syncing photos, that gives them the ability to charge for storage space...

Where as the ability/option to name workspace and sync among multiple computers would only be a great feature enhancement but would not bring them a new revenue stream, which is all they care about, NOT providing us with the best program possible.

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know insulting someone ("greedy bastards!") isn't usually the best way to get them to do what you want. Try honey instead of vinegar?

("which is all they care about, NOT providing us with the best program possible")

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I don't know if the developers in Adobe reads it but I would like to request a way to sync Photoshop and Lightroom in both, my laptop and my desktop. The way it is now if I install something in one I have to remember to install in the other as well. I wish it was authomactical. Thanks

Translate

Translate