• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No warning before exporting files from smart previews

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a warning dialog, if one tries to export from smart preview files.
I learnt the hard way, that Lightroom exports files no matter what. Unnoticed I had lost my server connection, when I exported some files. The resulting files were a lot smaller than my usual photos and it seemed to me as if I had made some wrong settings. I spent literally the entire night looking for solutions online, until it dawned to me the next morning, that the culprit was the missing server connection. So please, please, please add a warning dialog to the export functions, once one tries to export from smart preview files.

Idea Planned
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable it is not there yet. Every basic photo print service will warn you if you risk getting low quality output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Functionality request: If exporting a Smart Preview image without the source raw file available, and the user has selected a pixel dimension larger than 2560 (or the inherent Smart Preview Size) in the Export dialog, then a warning should be triggered to alert the user that Smart Previews are being used and that pixel dimensions will be limited to 2560px.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug just cost me hours of work. Lightroom exporting from a low-rez Smart Preview when the original file was unavailable. Didn't realize until I went to print. No warning. Furious.

"Dumb" previews if you ask me. I just disabled the feature, but this really needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
A fix went in for this in 8.3. Download the update and see if it is better for you. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate