• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Option to display dates in Import Photos and Videos dialogue

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please consider adding an option to display dates next to photos in the Import Photos and Videos dialogue, either under the filename or in a list view.

Use case: I want to see at a glance which photos are from today or from the last few days, so I can import just those, and ignore older photos.

Known workarounds that aren't ideal:

• A. Mouse-over photos to find where the latest batch starts.
    • I have to keep mousing over images to hunt, and that's much slower than being able to read dates at a glance.
  • B. Wait for all thumbnails to load, then skim by thumbnail
    • I mostly do this today, but it can be slow, especially for my Fuji RAW photos
  • C. Just import everything and let Don't Import Suspected Duplicates sort it out
    • I'm somewhat aggressive with culling/deleting photos, so some old photos still on my memory card may be treated as new again if I've deleted them from Lightroom

I can use A and B as workarounds (C isn't workable), but it would be really nice to add skimmable dates I can view at a glance.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to add a view to the import interface to group photos by date. An even better way would be to group photos by event (ie.: a wedding with photos taken from the afternoon until the night, even if the night goes on till 3am).

This would make the management of a big memory card containing multiple events much easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you know about sorting the Import window by Capture Time?  I agree that grouping, with visible headers identifying the day or time period, would usually be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate