• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to accurately nudge RGB curves with arrow keys

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom curves are really difficult to finetune.It could be great to be able to create/select a point on the curve and move it with the arrow keys by tiny steps (Photoshop does this very well).

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that greater control for fine-tuning would be a good thing.

Here is one person's attempt at a solution, for the mean time. Unfortunately, @2013-03-17, its still not ready for prime time:

http://www.capturemonkey.com/curvemon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know that holding the [Alt] key while dragging a Tone Curve Point constrains the motion to 1/10th its normal movement? It is a great way to fine tune any point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd forgotten - thanks for the reminder Rikk 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment the only way you can adjust points along a Tone Curve is by dragging with the mouse, and it's hard to make accurate adjustments, even with the graph at maximum size. It would be really useful to be able to make fine adjustments to points by toggle-selecting them and moving using the cursor keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom's Tone Curve adjustments feels clumsy and not nearly as fluid as making tone curve adjustments in Photoshop. Can you improve this in a future release?

(p.s. using LRCC on Windows 7 64bit i4770k i7, 16GB RAM, dual SSDs, GTX 970 4GB graphics card).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Six years and still waiting, in the meantime new bugs are cropping up while usability issues are ignored.... remind me, why are we paying their salaries each month again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click to select the Targeted Adjustment tool  in the upper-left of the Tone Curve panel and then click on an area in the photo that you want to adjust. Drag or press the Up and Down Arrow keys to lighten or darken the values for all similar tones in the photo.
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/image-tone-color.html#fine_tune_the_tonal_scale_using_the_ton...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Rikk pointed out you can use the Alt/Option key to help move the point in smaller increments.  Unfortunately, the implementation of this feature leaves a lot to be desired.  The tracking of the cursor and point is ABSOLUTELY terrible and makes it hard to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why oh why can’t Lightroom have smooth adjustments in the tone curve?!? It’s like it’s been dippped in fast-drying glue. Photoshop can do it, so can ACR. What’s the problem LR? Seriously, I’d love an answer as to why, for over 11 years, this tone curve is clunky as ever. Adobe rep, please chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might help to actually list your issues with the Tone Curve instead of a generalized statement.  

The tone curve in Lightroom does some useful things that I don't think ACR and Photoshop will do.

Option click near the curve and a point will be placed without moving the line.
Hold Shift while moving the point and it will only move in the vertical direction.
Hold Option while moving the point and it will move slowly
Hold Shift-Option while moving the point and it will move slowly in only the vertical direction,

I do agree that having a feature to use the arrow keys and Shift-arrow keys (smaller movement) would be a handy feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered today that once a point is selected, the values (0-255) of the two fields "Input" and "Output" can be selected, and the up and down arrows can be used to increment and decrement them.

Not as intuitive as using the four arrow keys on a selected point, but it suits my purpose where I want to set thresholds for the start and ends of the curve for the scan of a slide, and only want to change the input value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful to be able to use left/right keys to move curve-point along with up/down keys without having to switch between input and output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate