• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to batch process Photo Merge (HDR and panorama)

Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that we have HDR inside Lightroom, with virtually no user input, the next step is surely a batch facility for a folder full of bracketed images.
Please!!!!

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019
With the release of Lightroom Classic 8.4 the ability to batch process HDR and Pano images is  not now available. 

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015
If you hold down the Shift key, you can start HDR merges in "headless" mode, i.e., the "HDR..." menu option will become "HDR" and then it will kick off a HDR merge without bringing up the Preview dialog. You still have to manually select which images to merge, but this is a faster way to proceed without having to thru the Merge Preview dialog. Note that if you kick off many merges, this will be very processor intensive and Lr may slow down a lot ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 218 Replies 218
218 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slightly faster, add in the hotkey for merge hdr (ctrl+h+shift) Saving me a lot of time. But yeah, c'mon... I just want to say merge every X (3,5,) images

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I should translate in english but I'm not in the mood 🙂 So to sum-up, it'd be nice to be able to do an "list" of tasks as it exists on After Effect for instance for HDR and panoramas on LR.

Thus, for lanscape and espacially real-estate photographers, it will be a lot easier to let the computer do his work without being forced to stay in front of his lagging screen while it's working... 

There are other suggestions to improve automatc corrections with high and low lights for real estate and a few other things.

Bonjour,

Voici bien des années que j'utilise vos logiciels et notamment Light Room dont l'excellente qualité n'est plus à démonter. Je me permets néanmoins de vous contacter pour vous proposer quelques améliorations notables qui, selon moi, permettraient de le rendre encore plus attractif.

Ainsi, il serait bienvenu de pouvoir :

- Permettre de créer une "liste de tâches à effectuer" comme avec d'autres logiciels comme After Effect et lancer ensuite le travail pour laisser faire l'ordinateur (qui passe à la tâche suivante quand il rencontre un conflit) notamment pour les HDR et panoramas.

- Permettre de choisir un pinceau carré, y compris pour le correcteur de défauts.

- Permettre d'avoir l'équivalent du "lasso polygonal" comme dans Photoshop, avec un curseur pour régler le contour progressif comme dans la version actuelle.

J'ai comme profil, celui d'un photographe et vidéaste, exerçant notamment dans le paysage et dans l'immobilier où j'ai une certaine expérience. Or, je vous garantie que tout ceci, notamment pouvoir accumuler les tâches et laisser l'ordinateur travailler seul pendant un moment, représente un gain de temps précieux ! Comme avec les paysages, l'assemblage de photos en HDR est très fréquent et devoir rester devant l'ordinateur, dommageable.

Dans ce secteur particulier, celui de l'immobilier, voici ce que je vous recommande :

- Créer un "add-on" permettant une correction automatique et l'associer (au bon vouloir de l'utilisateur) à la création HDR (immobilière) pour automatiser les corrections avec notamment une bien meilleure gestion de la dynamique, des hautes lumières et garder la correction "faible" des HDR pour faciliter les versions à la main par des amateurs.

Il est fréquent en effet que la gestion automatique du HDR soit "moyenne" notamment au niveau des zones très éclairées et très sombres.

Je serais ravi de pouvoir coopérer plus sérieusement avec vos services dans ce domaine qui prend une place de plus en plus importante parmi les professionnels photographes et je suis certain qu'une automatisation des tâches serait extrêmement bienvenu pour eux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having a feature that would automatically merge every 9 photos for photographers that take the same number of multiple exposures and then have to merge them in lightroom manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please add this feature. Would be an immense help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also interested in this feature, or atleaset access to the HDR via SDK.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a familiar note but:  I am a real estate photographer.  Adding batch processing of HDR merges (as well pano merges for my more artistic endeavors) would be a HUGE help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for batch pano and HDR processing. Agreed, finding a good UI is not as straightforward as what we have now, and the ability to continue working while the actual HDR or pano is being generated is good.

I'd see something like this:
  1. You select the pictures and start a command, like it is nowInstead of generating a preview, it "sends" it to a "in process" space (being a collection, dedicated GUI, ...)
  2. Does the number crunching for the preview in the background. A progress bar for each task would be cool
  3. Once the numers crunched, a dialog box as we know can be opened, or default values can be applied (I'm sure many people just apply all the checkboxes: auto, boundary wrap, stack ...)
  4. Number crunching again in background
  5. Output un a dedicated collection to keep things clear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no batch mode in LR. Come on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add my vote for this feature.

I think it could be implemented quite simply. Since we already have auto stack by time, which works reasonably well, we just need to be able to select all stacks and Merge HDR to create one DNG per stack. When more than one stack is selected, the Merge HDR dialog should appear and inform the user: "Photos will be merged per stack. You have selected ### stacks". Then the user sets the settings as appropriate, and the process starts. That would be the easiest solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the release of Lightroom Classic 8.4 the ability to batch process HDR and Pano images is  not now available. 

Enjoy!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy $#**! 4 days after I added my vote to this 4 year old feature request thread, we got it? I need to go buy a lotto ticket, I'm on a winning streak here....  😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you mean "now available". This feature could be greatly improved for batch processing. If I have 50 brackets that I need to merge, do I really want to Stack all 50 manually? Can't Adobe create an option where all photos can selected for merging with a little popup asking how many photos per bracket and just automate the process from there? Other bracketing apps do this step automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also asked this in a separate thread and I also answered it there, but for the sake of completeness: use auto-stacking by capture time. HDR series are usually shot with auto-bracketing, meaning that the capture time of each shot is very close to the capture time of the other shots. For panoramas this may be a little different, but it’s still worth a try too.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be easily done by a script that imports a fixed number of pictures into an empty catalog by using the catalog:addPhoto function.  By using the stackWithPhoto parameter of that function you can create stacks with a fixed number (equal to the number of pictures in a bracket) of pictures in it.  By processing a complete folder automatically in this way, we have a number of stacks than can be processed further. 

You need to collapse all stacks manually (still no stack functions in Lightroom SDK) and then you can start HDR merge for the complete folder

I have this now in use for batching HDRs and it saves quite a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FeedbackCommunityMember would you possibly be able to share the script that you use for this? I dont know much about scripting unfortunately, however this would massivly help me out if it is still possible. 

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Douglas291457447gwc, you don't need a script with current versions of LR to merge multiple sequences in a single batch operation:

1. In Library, select the folder or collection containing the multiple sequences.

2. Do the command Photo > Stacking > Auto-Stack By Capture Time. 

3. Select all the photos in the folder or collection and Photo > Photo Merge. 

If you have long exposures, then Auto-Stack By Capture Time might be confused -- the Auto Stack command of the Any Source plugin as an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks john that is exactly what I was looking for. However I donwloaded the latest version and it isnt showing the stacking feature in the drop down menu. I am on a mac and all the other anysource options are there other than this one. Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Auto Stack command is in the plugin's Library > Plug-in Extras menu, not File > Plug-in Extras, since it only works in Library.  

Votes

Translate

Translate