• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to name custom crops and have more than 5

Advisor ,
Apr 03, 2011 Apr 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to name custom crops in Lightroom. Saving them as ratios is great but one step further would be the ability to give them a relative name for certain projects or uses.Perhaps also not limit me to 5 custom ratios.

Image is not available

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
70 Comments
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nine years - I'm going to be dead before this gets implemented. I'm in Coronavirus lockdown atm and have a bit of time on my hands. I have an old Laptop and am about to start installing Linux to give Darktable a try. There is a Win 10 version - but it's broken and there is very limited support. I believe the Linux version is well supported. No idea if they have Custom Crops... we shall see. Stay safe everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9 years... NINE! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are most likely waiting for the 10th (... or 15th)  anniversary to introduce it as a great new feature)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame we can't see the exact date of the original post - we could have a 10th birthday party!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hover the mouse over "Posted 9 years ago".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe!!!!  Is there anybody out there?  Get this done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem:
Whenever I create a new catalog the custom crop ratios I created in the previous catalog are no longer available. They must be re-added.

Solution:
Have a catalog independent set of crop ratio presets, just like Export presets. Easy!

Background:

Lightroom is a powerful cataloging tool and I leverage it to organize, crop and export the thousands of web stills that I shoot and add to my sites on a seasonal basis. I create a new catalog per brand per season and am frustrated that Lightroom can't simply store my favourite crop ratios and offer them up without me having to re-add them each time. Imagine having to do that for Export presets!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to request feature updates/changes.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this robotic templated response is downright rude. Especially to a request that is over a decade old with very clear, popular demand. Just send it to someone who'll see it. Surely it's 5 hour job, max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you direct me to a page with a dropdown… when I select Photoshop Lightroom Classic from that dropdown it takes me back to the forum, but instead lands me in 'Discussions', this isn't a "discussion", it's an idea. Did you guys know the 'Idea' section was there? Perhaps that's why this request has never been seen and therefore acted on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong, the Ideas tab in the community is where these request go now days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly as one would expect. But the link @josephlavine passed me redirects to the Discussions tab, try it. Or was your "wrong" meant for Joesph and not me? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@josephlavine@lewis_cooper: The Ideas section of this community forum, where this thread is located, is the correct place to submit feature requests for LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Any Crop plugin lets you name any number of custom crop presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to create a new Aspect Ratio and have that size always available to select from the dropdown menu as shown below:

snap1411.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last 3 "Custom Crops" are always shown at the bottom but they are not permanant and do not have a description.  Having a permanant ratio and description has be asked for several times 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a limit of the number of custom aspect ratios (5). Therefore, any aspect ratios you add may eventually be displaced if you exceed this limit. That being said, there are third party plugins that are much more flexible that the built-in crop presets. You should have a look at 'Any Crop' https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anycrop.htm?_ga=2.168318952.811844567.1675767505-1662753547.1675767... which was created by John R Eliis who is aregular contributer to thsi forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware this has always been how custom aspect ratios work 5 max. When you create a new custom ratio it will replace the oldest one.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DdeGannes 

Correct, it's never been any different to what we have now, and been the subject of complaint for as long.

Votes

Translate

Translate